Notices

@mentions and Quote Alerts

A great feature, and definitely a good step forward, but I do have to admit that I think a "global mute" is a bad idea. While I sympathize with really active community members who are getting spammed, I also find it kind of defeats a big part of the initial purpose. Namely, GMs tagging players to grab the attention of those who are expected to make a response. This new feature suddenly becomes a lot less amazing if people can simply turn it off globally and go along as if the feature doesn't exist for them.

Having only the separate notification (and no global mute) seemed like a good compromise to me.

Perhaps muting can be split into one toggle per game where you are a player or GM, and one for the rest of the site? Naturally anyone on your ignore list should not trigger notifications regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martenzo View Post
A great feature, and definitely a good step forward, but I do have to admit that I think a "global mute" is a bad idea. While I sympathize with really active community members who are getting spammed, I also find it kind of defeats a big part of the initial purpose. Namely, GMs tagging players to grab the attention of those who are expected to make a response.
Is it possible that you could differentiate between being tagged in the forums at large (which could then be muted) from being tagged in a game, or is that starting to get a bit to far into the weeds?

@TemerousNox that's getting a little weedy for this round, but i'll keep that in mind as we continue to improve messaging/notifications/alerts.

This is a great feature, Rodrigo. It's coming in really handy in AL. Thank you.

I like the idea I General, though an extra button would be great to pull the quote @person (as directed by options, I chose @person and shut off quotes as I don't have an issue keeping up with them and they get in the way for my groups form of play).

Maybe put the new button on the other side of our name so it's easy to distinguish/choose?