Image-sharing site - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Image-sharing site

Image-sharing site

For years I have used photobucket for images in IMG and IMG2 tags, but now they've started keeping track of how much data other people download, and shutting off access when the limit is exceeded. For thumbnails posted in every In-Character message, the bandwidth can add up quickly. I'm ignorant of other possibilities; does anyone know of a free site suitable for storing image data that won't run afoul of bandwidth-counting?

As someone that also used photobucket in the past, Imgur is my recommended replacement.

I have done a pretty extensive look around, and I agree, Imgur is the best bet going right now.

[Edit] Ninja-ed twice

Uh, when I visit the imgur.com site in Firefox or Chrome I just get a grey page. Some of my firefox ad-ons might be messing things up there, but I don't run any Chrome extensions I know of that might mess things up. Has anyone ever encountered this kind of problem and found a solution?

Edit: Firefox and Chrome are blocking tracking attempts. Could that be why imgur isn't working? If it tracks me, I don't want to use it.

I've currently having some issues with Imgur, as said grey page. I dont think its anything to do with your tracking attempts. While that could cause some issues(don't know for sure) I dont think thats related. Images hosted there seem to be working fine, but going to the site directly seems to be problematic at current.

Mobile app seems to be working fine.

Edit: Going to the front page works fine - https://imgur.com/r/FrontPage Can generally navigate the rest of the site without much issue.

Just seems to be the main imgur.com with issue.

FWIW, I use Imgur or PostImage.

Imgur has been giving me this issue where it won't let me organize into alvums anymore, and with the amount of pics I have, that's just crazytalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khakhan View Post
FWIW, I use Imgur or PostImage.

Imgur has been giving me this issue where it won't let me organize into alvums anymore, and with the amount of pics I have, that's just crazytalk.
Albums are still there, though navigating the process is a bit more cumbersome than I remember it being before.

From your /all/ You should be able to create new, or access existing albums from the drop down in the "All Images". Once you are in the album you can add or remove files from it, get the embed code, etc.

* imgur.com also seems to be working again (at least for me at the moment)