x3--: Season 3 OOC

*shrug* It happens with us. We're like a starship full of superpowered squirrels with an attention span of oh, look, a nut.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm too subtle sometimes. Maybe some proper railtracks would be better for you folks.

I'm all for doing a season. I'm ready.

Chi, you are almost certainly too subtle for me. I'm kind of dumb sometimes.

I'm a squirrel.

Okay, so that leaves the question of how you want me to lead you in to your season. Before Freeclint left us he had requested a cliffhanger of an ending. That actually works with what I'm thinking of doing but I don't know if it will work with your ideas. Send me a message with what you're thinking and I'll figure out what I need to do. Hopefully I'll be able to get the wrap up episode started in a few days.

Yeah, there were a few times during that last episode that I felt like we were supposed to investigate things a little more...
I really couldn't see it going any other way, though...the super-powered squirrels analogy is pretty accurate.

As for the upcoming order, i'm good with not running a season until after i've run an episode or two. heh heh.

So since we have a little downtime, I wanted to figure out next season's rotation. Here's what I was thinking:

Chi
Tsuyo
MrF
DrK
Narrow*
Chi

I set this order based on a few things.

--Chi's season, so he gets two--we've been doing first and last so far
--I took the next one because I'm going to use it to fix a really big balance problem in the party and I want to do that ASAP. (Don't worry, this will be a net positive for everyone. )
--MrFlex is the new guy, so he gets first crack after that
--I put Narrow last because this slot should go to someone else if we recruit again. I'm not sure we need to, but just in case...

What is the balance problem? Feel free to PM me if you like, but if you're planning a big change, it should be discussed with the group, or me at a minimum. No more surprises like winning the tournament and coming home with a ton of cash, and no taking the cash without explaining the plan through me (for example).

It has to do with the space combat problem. I'm going to discuss it with you in a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkrough View Post
What is the balance problem? Feel free to PM me if you like, but if you're planning a big change, it should be discussed with the group, or me at a minimum. No more surprises like winning the tournament and coming home with a ton of cash, and no taking the cash without explaining the plan through me (for example).
That was the roll of the die, and a lot of burned Force Points. I made participating in that tournament particularly expensive on the off-chance they actually did win - the general plot allowed for a high probability that the PCs would just try to steal it (and risk the wrath of the Hutts).

Besides, the PCs were already in that lull between more than enough credits to buy high-end gear, but not nearly enough for some nice starships -- I just helped them reach that inevitability, confident in the knowledge that the only PC who could get away with "Oh, I bought this super-expensive new shiny thing solely because I have the credits and I can" would be Tag, since he has the Wealth talent.

QED, Naru hadn't really spent much of her winnings yet anyway. And now she's married, so she loses half of it in the divorce.