The Walking Dead -Season 2 - Page 21 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

The Walking Dead -Season 2

or when he said "Well I can just shoot you and take the farm"

Yep, Rick getting it mother-effin' DONE lol.

Ah I had forgotten this was starting again /happydance

During the break I have begun buying the comics and am enjoying them muchly.

My opinion: acting is bad all around. No actor is good and some are terrible. Characters are about as cliche as they come; may as well have the village people starring in it.

Old Western Sheriff
Hot Head Macho Guy
Combat-Ready Blonde Chick
Wiley Asian
Wise Old Man
Practical Black Guy
Wilting Violet Pregnant Woman
Southern Gentleman Farmer
Brooding Outlaw
Steel Magnolia (Daughter of Southern Gentlemen)
Can't really remember anyone else

Because of that, I don't care about the characters, which removes about 90% of the suspense from the show. Writing is flat (though better closing in on the season break) and as cliche as the characters.

Example...Rick's wife (don't ever remember her name because she is such a boring character (see above)) spends the entire series doing NOTHING but telling other people to do things...gets in car...reads maps...manages to smash into the only moving thing in a hundred miles...promptly wrecks car.

So lame. Would love to hit Shane in the back of the head with a brick just so I don't have to see that dull, stupid look on his face.

I still watch it though.

To be fair, the comics are a hell of a lot better than the show. Mostly because the characters aren't half-retarded. Personally, I've felt that season 2 has gone extraordinarily slow. Even though i tune in every week, I usually end up tuning out during a lot of the dialogue, because it's all the same repeated, rehashed whining that we've been hearing for the last several weeks.

That said, I can't wait to see how they do the prison arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selwyn View Post
So is Rick a complete badass or what? Two antagonists on opposite sides from the holster? Total quick draw badness.
I like the new Rick. I hope he sticks around. :-D

[Edit] - just finished getting caught up. It seems like every time one of them does something awesome, it is offset by five stupid things everyone else does.

LOL aint that the truth. Tonight at the start of the episode, when the walker was trying to reach in and get a grab at Lori, I was shouting at the tv, "EAT HER! EAT HER FACE!!"

The characters on the show are far less intelligent than their counterparts in the comic, and in some cases it's a straight case of Too Dumb to Live.

Unsurprisingly, my favorite characters on the tv show right now are Rick, Daryl, and Glenn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
LOL aint that the truth. Tonight at the start of the episode, when the walker was trying to reach in and get a grab at Lori, I was shouting at the tv, "EAT HER! EAT HER FACE!!"

The characters on the show are far less intelligent than their counterparts in the comic, and in some cases it's a straight case of Too Dumb to Live.

Unsurprisingly, my favorite characters on the tv show right now are Rick, Daryl, and Glenn.
Daryl and Glenn are my favs too. I mean how tough is that to fall down a cliff twice and than get an arrow stuck through your side, and than still kill two walkers and make it back to camp alive. When