Dungeons and Dragons car commercial - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Dungeons and Dragons car commercial

It's not that Disney gives a darn about pagan deities, it's that if you put religion (or gods) in a movie, it increases the chances of its getting shut out of the largest, fastest growing, movie market in the world. Right now, no major producer can ignore the Chinese market. Top draw movies are too expensive not to make a serious attempt at that market. Magic is also a no-no, so a D&D movie will probably be relegated to lower budget status as it would be unlikely to be allowed in China (stranger stuff has happened, but no studio is going to count on it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhisperMagellan View Post
No, a good D&D movie could be well worth watching.
I have long considered the Lord of the Rings movies to be exactly what I expect from a good D&D movie. Not the prequels, but Fellowship/Towers/Return. Especially Fellowship, with how Frodo gets involved in this massive quest to dispose of the one ring, and the companions that go with him. I always pictured the scenery and combat from this movie as being what a good D&D movie should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow71 View Post
I have long considered the Lord of the Rings movies to be exactly what I expect from a good D&D movie. Not the prequels, but Fellowship/Towers/Return. Especially Fellowship, with how Frodo gets involved in this massive quest to dispose of the one ring, and the companions that go with him. I always pictured the scenery and combat from this movie as being what a good D&D movie should be.
I couldn't agree more, very good point. Wish they would do more. As an aside, the Hobbit movies were pitiful and a serious money grab to make 3 movies out of a small book. But anyway, it would be nice to see more movies in the genre.

I dont know how I missed a DnD car commercial if it was on facebook. That picture IS epic.’

( dont mind me just gettin my 5 posts in proving im a living being and whatnot)

Commercial Approved!

The Police horseman at the end gives great inspiration for a game. Say characters pull the whole D&D/Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe plot where they travel to the great beyond and eventually make it back. What if they weren't the only ones who 'made it back'. Heck, that could be the plot of the D&D movie!