10 Years of Myth-Weavers - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

10 Years of Myth-Weavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
My banhammer arm is tired.
I appreciate you wielding Modjolnir all these years.

Belated pure unadulterated happiness day.

The announcement made me wonder where I sat in "seniority", since I joined Aug 07.

So I did a little "advanced search"ing of the member list, and I filtered to only those members who have posted since Jan 1 2016...to get an "active member" count.

There are only 124 members who joined before I did, who are still active in 2016. Huh...pretty crazy.

Since Mythweavers, I've...

- Moved 3 times (2 house purchases, 1 rental)
- Changed jobs twice
- Gained 20 pounds
- Married
- Had two children

...same Dell PC.

Happy b-day, MW. Love this site!

Happy Birthday indeed!

Inspired by Omnis, I decided to do a little advanced user searching as well. There are about 260,000 accounts on MW, but I wondered how many of those are actually being played. So I narrowed the search to only those with more than one hundred posts (no newcomers) that have shown activity since New Year's day and I came up with... 1700 users.

Hi guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzle View Post
Happy Birthday indeed!

Inspired by Omnis, I decided to do a little advanced user searching as well. There are about 260,000 accounts on MW, but I wondered how many of those are actually being played. So I narrowed the search to only those with more than one hundred posts (no newcomers) that have shown activity since New Year's day and I came up with... 1700 users.

Hi guys!
If you do the filtering a bit differently and limit based on who has posted since jan 1, but who joined prior to jan 1 (once again to eliminate new members, even those who post a lot)...you get a slightly higher number at 2310 users. If you add in the new members, you get 2582.

(so it looks like the Weave has added ~140 users / month this year)

the ~ 12k active users shown at the bottom of the home page is all those users that have logged in in the last 2 weeks. Not sure how you guys are doing your math given the lack of tools available or data access required to do said math.

I've noticed that a lot of the online members, if you click on them randomly, tend to be hatchlings with zero or very few posts... probably people using the site for the (excellent) sheet feature, so I was just curious how many currently active, long-term members we might have. The parameters were completely arbitrary, I just thought it was interesting.