The First Vineyard - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

The First Vineyard

I have done some research on the net what one can and cannot do with Phantasmal Force and there appears to be quite a controversy going on. The spell description clearly says how the target of the spell rationalises illogical outcomes, meaning the Gruul cannot see through the illusion by trying to strike at it.

However, if the Gruul cannot defeat the creature, it will take 10d6 damage over the full duration of the spell, which is clearly too much for a level 2 spell...

How about giving the Gruul another saving throw every round it actually interacts with the phantasm?

Given how complicated the spell appears to be - there is a lot of discussion on the Internet and some very funny strange DM rulings - I would very much like to swap it for Suggestion to avoid further hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerrabe View Post
I have done some research on the net what one can and cannot do with Phantasmal Force and there appears to be quite a controversy going on. The spell description clearly says how the target of the spell rationalises illogical outcomes, meaning the Gruul cannot see through the illusion by trying to strike at it.

However, if the Gruul cannot defeat the creature, it will take 10d6 damage over the full duration of the spell, which is clearly too much for a level 2 spell...

How about giving the Gruul another saving throw every round it actually interacts with the phantasm?

Given how complicated the spell appears to be - there is a lot of discussion on the Internet and some very funny strange DM rulings - I would very much like to swap it for Suggestion to avoid further hassle.
Honestly, the only reason the scrapper made an attack roll is because I copied and pasted my previous post with the combat rolls and I forgot to edit them. So I said "Screw it, just make it an attack with no effect." I was going to proceed with the scrapper rolling saving throws for the next nine rounds or until the effect ends.

Aiming to update by the end of the day.

Huh... okay, I'm finding myself a bit conflicted here and it's about right now where I'm wondering just how much of a "stick with the party" mentality we're going to have. Because my character motivation tells me, "Hold up, this is the authorities, surely explaining what just occurred here is the best course of action."

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknight910 View Post
Huh... okay, I'm finding myself a bit conflicted here and it's about right now where I'm wondering just how much of a "stick with the party" mentality we're going to have. Because my character motivation tells me, "Hold up, this is the authorities, surely explaining what just occurred here is the best course of action."
Same XD.

*sigh*
A natural one.
Thus is the penalty for lies.

Oh, great daemon /dev/urandom, why hast thou abandoned me, thy faithful disciple?!

I probably shuoldn't roll with low modifiers, but it kinda made sense, so, yeah.

Warth uses Power Walk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulyth View Post
Seralina watches as the man takes a couple of the embroidered sacks of goods to the other end of the tavern and hand them to a man in a dark black and midnight blue cloak. They silently nod, then the cloaked figure leaves as the man returns to his new patrons.

I knew iiiiitt...

So I have to ask, because... I think I know the answer because it's such common knowledge but I gotta ask:

Are we allowed to split up and take on the jobs we want to do or is this more of a collective agreement to work with one guild over the other?