Star Was: Scoundrels (got room for 1 more space pirate!) - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Star Was: Scoundrels (got room for 1 more space pirate!)

Old Apr 27 '18, 8:20pm
Great Wyrm

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Star Was: Scoundrels (got room for 1 more space pirate!)

Star Wars: Scoundrels - Forum
GURPS - Space

I'm only allowing max of 1 Force User & that spot is still open!

Got a couple awesome alternative concept ideas on the Group OOC (Cantina) also! Including a bald Woomie named Grozjow or a hybridization concept between one of the worm aliens from Men in Black taking the place of The Krang riding inside the powersuit (similar to in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles concept).

Or come up with your own Star Wars character concept based on the Star Wars universe concept. See game forum for linked Resources.

Not much time left before we launch the game so hurry up.

GURPS 4th edition rules & some House Rules
350 point total
-100 disads, plus -5 Quirks
Split TL (Base of TL10, but armor at TL9, weapons TL11, but pending GM approvals)
Taboos: No armor over DR50, only force users can have lightsabers or force swords.
Questions? Just ask in Apps or recruiting on game forum.

Game Description:

Characters STATS:
Total Points: 350
Disadvantages: -100
Quirks: -5
TL: 11

Looking for 4-6 players for a Pirate Crew of the Jolly Rodger! Force powers are exceedingly rare so I'm only going to allow max of 1 player character to have any force abilities...but I am fine if none of the crew have any force powers also. I just will not allow more than 1...otherwise it defies the universal concept that force abilities are very very rare. Even having 1 force user among such a small crew is already beating the odds! We are talking perhaps 1 out of billions! So...no, once the 1st force user is accepted I will not make any other exceptions... And knowing many will probably want to compete for that spot... I am willing to make it a contest. All applicants, other than the applicants competing for the spot of force user, may vote for their favorite force user concept! Whoever gets the most votes shall win the spot. Best force using concept wins. I'm looking for neutral or dark concepts...not light concepts for reasons below. So, if I must overrule the decision for that reason I will... I will not allow a light force user concept to win over a nuetral or dark concept for this particular role. They will be a pirate after all! Cannot be pure as the driven snow or some Johnny-Do-good type. Title of this game is Star Wars: Scoundrels for a reason! YOU will be the SCOUNDREL! All characters in this game ARE scoundrels. If you do not want to be a scoundrel then this is not the game you were looking for, move along. I want to see character flaws please. I want deep & insightful yet flawed characters...those who might be expected to be space pirates... No saints, martyrs or social justice warriors! Bad-ass dirty rotten scoundrels only need apply.

The game will be set hundreds of years after the deaths of all known Star Wars characters from any movie, TV, comics, etc... And I do not want the typical light/dark Force stuff...it exists but all Force sensitive/adept characters are exceedingly rare & light versus dark exists but most who use force in this timeline are usually fairly neutral or dark rather than light. Light Force Users are rarest of all in this timeline. I'm saying the empire & the rebels nearly wipe each other out, the empire still exists though & is trying desperately to regain a foot hold on its former power & territories, but they are very weakened, shattered, & out gunned. A quasi free for all of corporate enterprises, smugglers, pirates, mercenaries, & bounty hunters struggle for dominance, wealth & power. I want a darker more mature themed Star Wars game, not the family friendly Muppet show of old. LOL. Jar Jar Binks was butchered long ago, Bar-B-Qued & eaten! LOL. I'm going to name the game "Star Wars: Scoundrels". According to the Star Wars timeline of ABY (After the Battle of Yavin) our game will start at year 313 ABY. I'm not going to want to get all crazy with the various calendars, various hours/day, days of the week, month, etc. Probably for the sake of convenience I will say we are using same 24/hr/day, 7day/week, 30day/month, 12 month/year with same names, just because. Therefore we will say January 1st, 313 ABY. Unless any players object to that or want to be the official time/calendar keepers? LOL. I do not want to get bogged down with all that. However, I'm willing to relinquish time keeper role to a player if any Star Wars fans out there wish to take on the role of being time keeper to stick to traditional Star Wars themed hours/days/weeks/months/etc. Far too much for me on the other mechanics & world concept side of things I think. Far as money & trade, I will be having all the old traditional Star Wars currencies in circulation, but after the collapse of most of those systems, due to the wars, now a new Intergalactic Corporate Cred is used (IGCC). Instead of the symbol $ for dollars, we will use before the numbers & optional capital letter after to signify larger quantities of creds such as G for thousands, M for millions, B for Billions, T for trillions, Q for quadrillions, etc. Example, 50M signifies 50,000,000 creds. That will be the newest & most universally excepted currency in the known galaxies for my game. I want the group to be a pirate/bounty hunter crew.

I'll simplify things with my own House Rules for ship combat also.
I'm thinking of using the official rules as a guide or starting point though. I figure things that matter for ships are...
ST:
HP:
DR:
Speed:
Maneuverability Rating (MR):
Force Shields (Y/N):
-Ablative/Recharge Rate:
(Force shield have potential to be overwhelmed)
Weapons:
Hyper/Jump Drive:
Skeleton Crew:
#Pilots:
#Co-Pilots:
#Crew:
#Passengers:
Max load weight:
Any special features:

There will also be House Rules provided for any would be lone Force User.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
So are you looking for a Force User? Or just 1 more person? Are you opposed to a Force User who is not aware they're a Force User?
Looking for one more player. Does not have to be a Force User, but certainly more than welcome to be one. I'm also not opposed to a Force User who is unaware of their abilities, that is perfectly fine with me. Did you have something in mind? Only taboo I have concerning a Force User is they cannot be strictly a Good Force User Jedi type. Must be Neutral, scoundrel type...maybe even a Sith. Not necessarily good or bad Jedi/Sith either by the way. In the Star Wars genre there are other Force Using Cults that are neutral or dark. For example:

The Fallanassi
An ancient sect of Force adepts who refer to the Force as the White Current. Secretive in the extreme, they are believed to have wandered the galaxy for centuries little noticed by others, including the Jedi. They meditate on the workings of their bodies, minds and spirits; how those disparate elements form an individual; and how disparate individuals form eddies and. whorls in the Current. They have little or no interest in manipulating the physical universe and apparently cannot use the current to physically affect their surroundings.

Witches of Dathomir
Perhaps the best known of the non-Jedi who walk on the "Light" side of the Force, the Dathomir Witches are a clan-based matriarchy whose women are the sole Force users. Those Dathomir who turn to the Dark Side are referred to as: "Nightsister". The Witches use the Force in a manner similar to several types of fantasy magicians. Their use of the Force is mystical in practice, and they call their abilities "spells". However, they do not have a large number of these spells, but their intensity when used often varies.

Sorcerers of Tund
An older order, some say as old as the Jedi, the Sorcerers of Tund also used the Force in a mystical manner. These Sorcerers often straddled the line between the Light and Dark sides, embracing the "Living" Force. The last known member of the order was killed during the eighteen year gap between “Revenge of the Sith” and “A New Hope”. It is possible that most of them had served with the Jedi during the Clone Wars and were subsequently eliminated alongside them when Order 66 was issued. Like the Witches above, the Sorcerers used the Force to cast "spells". However, their spells were of the more traditional type.

H’kig
H’kig was a religious leader on the Core World of Galand martyred several centuries before the Battle of Yavin. About sixty years before that battle, some 50,000 of his followers, called the H’kig in veneration, left Galand and founded a religious colony on far-off Rishi. The colony quickly dissolved in religious schism, with the minority pulling up stakes once more settling on J’t’p’tan (Doornik-628E).The H’kig preach an ascetic code, valuing physical labor and rejecting all advanced machinery and demand strict standards about public dress, hair length and hair styles. Despite this they are tolerant of others, provided those others don’t interfere with H’kig practices.

Disciples of the Dark Side
This order of monks is descended from a Dark Lord of the Sith who broke off from that dark order over a difference of opinion. While remaining hidden, they sought to explore the power of the Force by looking inward instead of through conquest. Some claimed to "serve the balance of the Force", and that often meant opposing the light side which dominated the galaxy for so long. The Disciples may learn many of the same Force abilities as the Jedi and Sith; however, their primary focus appears to be the powers of the mind.

The Brothers of Chaos
Out of their world of their fortified lair on Sarke, the fanatic faithful of Morgk, God of Chaos, terrorizes their Republican neighbors. The Brothers of Chaos (followers of Morgk) are a fanatical religious order that believes that the current bad situation of the Sventorii Autonomous Region is due to the “evil” and “decadent” New Republic. They believe that only the Jihad can deliver the peoples of Sventor from an eternity of hardship and poverty. Large sums of money are spent each year by Republican worlds near the Sarke region for anti-terrorists activities and protection. Republic Rangers based nearby, all get extra training in anti-terrorism.

The Order of Aurora
History is fraught with stories of good Jedi turned to the Dark Side that revolted against those they were once sworn to protect. Thus, some ordinary peoples banded together and created the Order of Aurora, to protect the people’s interests against possible Jedi abuse. The Knights of Aurora are a secret organization that exists across the galaxy. It has existed for thousands of years and plans to exist for a thousand more. Members are accepted in the order based on their bloodlines and ties to existing members. No outsiders have been admitted in the past 500 years. The Knight’s home-world is unknown, as are their numbers.

Obviously we do not have to stick to any of the above, but just added them here as an example. I'm also om with creating other as yet unknown Force Using cults...but prefer those which lean to neutral or dark side og spectrum if you catch my drift. We cannot have some righteous goody 2 shoes Force User messing things up for our crew of pirate scoundrels after all. LOL

There is no such things as good, evil or neutral when it comes to the Force. The force is simply all? Consuming and ever lasting. There is only... The Force.

I'm not sure if I plan on applying to tell you the truth. I only have the gurps 4th edition in pdf format. And while I love star wars, I dislike GURPS In pbp format. It's okay in tabletop. But awfully slow with combat, online. I'm reading over your house rules and the SW sourcebook to see if I like it so far.

I'll let you know by Monday if I decide to apply or not. I hope you can understand? I am rather surprised you didn't just run SW using one of the 4 star wars systems that are out there? West End, D20 Revised, Saga, Edge of Empire/Force & Destiny.

Honestly the way your crew is shaping up. If I was to apply, I'd apply with some sort of Spacer who is Force Sensitive. Might by a few powers, who knows. Not sure if I will start with a Lightsaber or not. But the basic idea is he knows he's different and can do a little bit of things. But is self-taught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
There is no such things as good, evil or neutral when it comes to the Force. The force is simply all? Consuming and ever lasting. There is only... The Force.

I'm not sure if I plan on applying to tell you the truth. I only have the gurps 4th edition in pdf format. And while I love star wars, I dislike GURPS In pbp format. It's okay in tabletop. But awfully slow with combat, online. I'm reading over your house rules and the SW sourcebook to see if I like it so far.

I'll let you know by Monday if I decide to apply or not. I hope you can understand? I am rather surprised you didn't just run SW using one of the 4 star wars systems that are out there? West End, D20 Revised, Saga, Edge of Empire/Force & Destiny.

Honestly the way your crew is shaping up. If I was to apply, I'd apply with some sort of Spacer who is Force Sensitive. Might by a few powers, who knows. Not sure if I will start with a Lightsaber or not. But the basic idea is he knows he's different and can do a little bit of things. But is self-taught.
Yeah I've heard that before also about using different systems for Star Wars. However I am a die hard GURPS fan, so I'm sticking it out. LOL. Keep in mind you are creating a space pirate. The game premise is a space pirate game in the Star Wars Universe. Please read up on the timeline & current state of affairs. Its almost a quasi post apocalyptic space game in some ways...or in other terms a wild west in outer space, nearly utter turmoil & lots of chaos & crime.

I like the sounds of your concept thus far...would love to hear more when you get some time.

I see you have changed some things and removed the part about rape, which was the thing that turned me away, have i lost the train or can i try to apply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra View Post
I see you have changed some things and removed the part about rape, which was the thing that turned me away, have i lost the train or can i try to apply?
Well, got room for 1 more & Mad Hatter hasn't responded back since their initial post so its still open! Would be glad to have you back Rudra. Are you thinking of being the lone Force User or got another concept in mind?

Probably a force user, second best thing in star wars, after Fetts I like the force as spell variant, however your houserule seem unfinished, cant make a character sheet until i know what force powers are available and what they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra View Post
Probably a force user, second best thing in star wars, after Fetts I like the force as spell variant, however your houserule seem unfinished, cant make a character sheet until i know what force powers are available and what they do.
They are basically done. There is a reference link for other cannon force powers if that is what you are looking for. Or see the other sources for Force Powers but of course use premise that they are considered "spells" based on "magery" which is actually "Force Abilities or Skills" based on "Force Sensitivity Level" respectively. This should be quite intuitive given any familiarity with magery & given all the source materials for Force abilities provided. I have no time right now to rewrite all the resources into one condensed conglomerate. If you have any specific questions just post them in the Force Rules Thread...or House Rules Thread, either way. Hope you can make a character quick. The other players are getting antsy & so am I.

It's all you Rudra. I'm still a bit on the fence about the system. So by all means please apply.