Character creation guidelines/Q&A - Page 3 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Character creation guidelines/Q&A

Sure, as long as they make sense/don't break the game... But I cannot think of any problematic ones from the top of my head, so go for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viletta Vadim View Post
The character I have in mind is generally more masculine, gay (not that she really has a concept of that yet), and tends to get along better with boys than girls.
See, I was mentally going in the exact opposite direction, and making a totally-not-Astolfo Swashbuckler. Although with the gun and favored-weapon setting going on, having the cutie in the red seifuku with the butt-length braided pink hair suddenly whip out a revolver and fan-blast people is too tempting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
See, I was mentally going in the exact opposite direction, and making a totally-not-Astolfo Swashbuckler. Although with the gun and favored-weapon setting going on, having the cutie in the red seifuku with the butt-length braided pink hair suddenly whip out a revolver and fan-blast people is too tempting...
And then we trade uniforms and we're both way more comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
See, I was mentally going in the exact opposite direction, and making a totally-not-Astolfo Swashbuckler.
What, no Cavalier? Though, there isn't an option to have a hippogriff as a mount...

What is your stance on multiple applications? I've created Hilda, who I like, but I also had an idea to make a druid based on my favorite anime of all time- Princess Mononoke and I'd like to explore that as well. Although if I have to choose I'd still probably stick with Hilda since I've already done the legwork on the backstory for her.

I'm writing Raphael as a noble who is trying to show why they are the higher born and commoners can't be the same. Someone born in high standing and raised for it. To that extend I thought of going with an heir of something big, maybe even one of the big houses, but at the same time not a direct one but something like 6th in line (only gets the seat when all 5 others die or the lord specifically names him as the next. Along the lines of a cousin or similarly.)
Is a character related to one of the big families a possible thing? Would one be a better link than the others?

Being related to one of the Great Houses is an option, yes. In fact, among nobles, it is a common practice that, in each generation, the elder brother will inherit the family's title, while the younger brothers will go on to get "consolation prizes" in the form of minor fiefs and the likes. So yeah, perhaps you could be related to one of the Great Houses in such a manner, you father or grandfather having been the younger brother of someone who went on to become the actual Archduke: this would give you a huge name and immense social standing, but very little in the way of actual political power... Which would create a nice contrast with all those commoner who, through bureaucracy, achieve positions where they have lots of political power despite being a bunch of nobodies.

Legitimate, SERIOUS question here.
Cavalier, Ghost Rider archetype.
Since we're in a more modern setting, would I be able to pull up a more modern mount? Like, say... the phantasmal "steed" fluffed as a motorcycle? Treat "bite/hoof attacks" as running over with a god damn phantom motorcycle?

No I wouldn't actually make Johnny Blaze (and certainly not Nic Cage's version) or the other Marvel Ghost Riders, as that would also entail turning into a flaming skeleton which is not on my to-do list. If anything it would be closer to the Black Rider / Celty from "Durarara!!" just... again, without the headlessness.