Character Creation - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Character Creation

Character Creation

Please put in your character applications under the Character Submissions threadgroup, and refer to the nation threads to get an idea what you would like to put on your background info. Preferred Character Creation layout should kinda be like this:

Image:
Character Name:
Link to Character Sheet:
Appearance:
Personality:
Background:

The layout can be done in whatever way you wish, as long as it provides the info mentioned above. Add as much as you wanna add, as long as I can understand the general idea.

Character Creation Rules

1. 32-Point Buy on ability scores. No score can be under 8.

2. Starting level 3rd (ECL must be 3, max)

3. No gestalt, flaws, or traits; on that note, if it's not mentioned here, its probably not allowed (ask first)

4. Wealth By Level on starting gear (3000 gp). Don't spend it all on one item is my rule.

5. Alignment is unrestricted, but your actions may warrant a shift depending on how big they are. No matter the alignment, however, the game will ultimately be a team effort and thus I encourage ALL players to work together. And no, alignment is not subjective; a gnoll murdering innocent people is evil, it does not depend if the gnoll itself sees its action as evil.

6. All races regardless of source with a LA of up to +2 are allowed. Just keep in mind: a character with a LA +2 means it can only start out with one class level, putting them at 3rd level. Buyoff is allowed.

7. However, templates, classes, spells, and feats that I favor are from the following sources: PHB, DMG, Masters of the Wild, Races of the Dragon, Draconomicon, Expanded Psionics Handbook, Manual of the Planes, Book of Vile Darkness, Complete Adventurer, and Tome of Battle. These are books I can reach at my fingertips in a matter of seconds. It doesn't automatically mean you can't use other sources. In either case, the point is to make an interesting character and focus less on doing the most damage at the lowest level. Just make sure, at the very least, your source can be found quickly and not on the DandD wiki homebrew section. However, you must cite your sources when asked and I must be able to find what something does in the span of a Google search.

8. Max HP 1st level, roll for the rest (reroll 1s)

9. Feats depend on HD.

I'm considering a few options:

Will alignment shifts incur XP penalty?
(Not sure if that's RAW, but I've seen it in other games)

Is the full Greyhawk pantheon available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
I'm considering a few options:

Will alignment shifts incur XP penalty?
(Not sure if that's RAW, but I've seen it in other games)

Is the full Greyhawk pantheon available?
No, alignment shifts won't incur an xp penalty. I welcome them if they fit the narrative. But I can't allow someone to just start stealing from people without a) motive or b) being dominated, if you get what I'm saying.

And yes, the full Greyhawk pantheon is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
How about Alternate Races and Classes in the SRD?
Give me your character concept via PM and Ill tell you what I can approve.

Well, that, I'm still working on. I was considering that source, but thought to ask first.

I will use alternates if it fits, then submit for approval, understanding that all that source material is subject to rejection.

Interested

I am interested. Will probably run something I have never run before just to make things interesting. Are all the “Complete” books acceptable (complete warrior, complete scoundrel, etc.)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by papikr View Post
I am interested. Will probably run something I have never run before just to make things interesting. Are all the “Complete” books acceptable (complete warrior, complete scoundrel, etc.)?
As long as it's something you can cite and I can find, you can submit it. I'll take a look and if anything runs differently in my setting I'll let you know.

Are you using that magic-psionic transparency thing, or are they completely separate forces with no overlapping?