Character Creation - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Character Creation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blick View Post
Are you using that magic-psionic transparency thing, or are they completely separate forces with no overlapping?
Blick, my man! Always a sight for sore eyes.

It's not something I've had the opportunity to experiment with yet, so I'll be treating magic and psionics the same for now.

Yeah, Jeeper alerted me to your game ad so here I am.

I think Bo and Luke might be an equivalent to Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser lol.

So question on the LA buyoff thing.

If I understand this correctly, you proceed with the class levels until you reach the first point where you can buy off 1 pt of LA.
So, for example, Luke would start as a Half Giant Psychic Warrior at 1st level. When it was time for him to reach 3rd level @ 3000 xp, he could buy off his LA +1 for 2000 xp. This would knock him back down to a 2nd level Psychic Warrior; but he would be LA 0 from then on.

Is that right?

So instead of the way I have it now with the 1st level being the LA, I just do the class levels and then drop back down from 3rd to 2nd level and progress standard from there.

Sounds about right, yes.

A question: does crusader need to be religous, as belive in a diety, or can he be sworn to ideal. Manuvers generally are not divine magic based so it does make sense, but the decision is yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs View Post
A question: does crusader need to be religous, as belive in a diety, or can he be sworn to ideal. Manuvers generally are not divine magic based so it does make sense, but the decision is yours.
Crusaders in my setting are strictly religious and their powers are granted by the divinity they worship. However, their code is not strict like paladins and are more like martial clerics without the healy magic. Thus, their alignment can be one step away from their deity's, but no more.

I took a look at your character but I feel like if I'm gonna make crusaders similar to clerics, then they should also be allowed to follow their ideals. For now, I'm gonna try it both ways and see where it goes.

Ok I will just change crusader to warblade. It is stated that they tend to be more chaotic than lawful, but it's not a rule so I guess it should fit just fine with my concept.

Do you only have PHB1, or do you have PHB2 as well? Was wanting to roll up a duskblade, but didn't know if they were allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
Do you only have PHB1, or do you have PHB2 as well? Was wanting to roll up a duskblade, but didn't know if they were allowed.
I'll allow it. Looks like a nerfed Pathfinder Magus so go on ahead.

Very interested in a rogue/assassin type. Very excited about the possibilities of this character! Rolling him up soon!