WFRP4E Campaign

Old Feb 14 '19, 5:45pm
Great Wyrm

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
WFRP4E Campaign

The End Times - Forum
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Good Afternoon Weavers,

I am looking for five players who wish to delve into the system and lore of Crucible Seven's Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4E, to embark upon a long tail of adventure a little more heroic than one might expect from a setting which has often been referred to as "Grimdark", mildly influenced by Total War: Warhammer and the Vermintide series of games which I have spent far too much time playing post Christmas. I'm going to be using a combination of pre-published adventures - starting the game off If Looks Could Kill - with some of my own ideas thrown in here and there to try and weave this into a campaign that could last quite a while with any luck!

Please, take a look in the game forum (linked at the top) and ask any questions in the character creation thread!

Game Description:

Prepare to enter a grim world of bitter heroes and perilous struggles. Listen to lost and damned souls scream in anguished terror as Chaos infects all like a malignant disease from which there is no cure. Watch as the earth, the air, the seas become so suffused with tortuous magics that the very fabric of reality twists, warps, and is irrevocably changed. Come feel cruel loss as bygone sorceries that once kept the world safe are shattered, and the ancient chains they preserved crack under the strain of negligence. And now taste terror as the Ruinous Powers stir in the bowels of their daemonic hells, sensing, finally, that the end is nigh, that the time to feast, to revel, and to slay has come. That the Age of Chaos has begun.

Look now to the Reikland, the mightiest realm of the Empire. It is a land at war, its Noble Houses vying for power and influence as their armies struggle to stem the tide of invading warlords, rampaging Greenskins, mutant Beastmen, and the monstrous creatures that haunt the wild places. Even in at its heart, in its capital of Altdorf, violence rules. There, thieves, street rats, and smugglers slit throats for pennies, mirroring the deeds of their betters on the world stage. For the tide of corruption rises in the hearts of all, filthy and stained, driving even the strong to pursue forbidden lore and profane arts, to sacrifice their brothers and sisters on the altar of their own folly.

Damnation is not a heartbeat away, it has already come.

Yet, amidst this never-ending torrent of misery and desperation, there are those who would stand tall. There are those who dare face the End Times and deny the inevitable entropy. They may not be good, they not be noble, they may not be kind, but they are the only heroes this damned world has. And by their grit, their tenacity, and their sheer bloody-minded determination, the fate of the world is decided. Damnation or salvation? Soon, all will know.

This is a world of unsung heroes and fleeting glory.

This is the world of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

This is a Fourth Edition Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying campaign set to introduce players to the world of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, take them on a tour of Ubersreik and provide them with ties to a (somewhat) powerful benefactor moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savayan View Post
I'm new to the system for the most part (I've got about half a game in 2nd ed under my belt) but if you're willing to put up with me I'm willing to give it a go. I've got a character concept I've kind of got my heart set on, but I'd like to ask if it's kosher before I invest in it. Basic idea is a green Dark Elf corsair who got left behind on the shores of the Empire after a raid and has been doing their best to just survive since. Not really evil, just kind of a selfish asshole, who's mostly coasting on the fact that most folks in the Empire aren't really clear on the whole 'High/Dark/Wood' divide and so there's at least a 33% chance they won't be run out of town by a mob. Ultimately motivated by profit and the fact that if they can convince the humans that they're some sort of hero the chances of being burnt at the stake decrease remarkably.
I'm going to be honest, I'm allowing what's in the books but nothing else at this stage; it's a brand new game and I don't want to tinker too much with anything mechanical until I'm more comfortable with it. The High and Wood Elves are both available as races, but not the Dark Elf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strych9 View Post
Man I havent touched the WH RPG since 2nd edition with my halfling rat catcher who had the misfortune of stumbling onto a brace of warp stone pistols...things did not end well for that little idiot.

I do not have the 4e edition rules though...
I - and others, I'd imagine - can help with character creation steps and I can clarify things a bit as we go to try and reduce the need for going out any getting the book (though it is a great book, the pictures are amazing), I can also try to contact Cubicle 7 and get some clarification as there are handouts to give to players in the Starter Set that explain the basics that I might be able to replicate. It's entirely up to you whether you're comfortable applying with that relative lack of information but I'm wiling to put in the effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhal View Post
Glad to see another game up! Headed over to the forum now.
Fantastic The more the merrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_X_D View Post
I - and others, I'd imagine - can help with character creation steps and I can clarify things a bit as we go to try and reduce the need for going out any getting the book (though it is a great book, the pictures are amazing), I can also try to contact Cubicle 7 and get some clarification as there are handouts to give to players in the Starter Set that explain the basics that I might be able to replicate. It's entirely up to you whether you're comfortable applying with that relative lack of information but I'm wiling to put in the effort.
Very interested still if people are up for helping put the pieces together

Go for it The character creation rules are in the forum, roll the relevant dice and I - or someone else - will get back to you with results. I'm off to bed shortly so if anyone sees a post before me, please feel free to assist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_X_D View Post
I'm going to be honest, I'm allowing what's in the books but nothing else at this stage; it's a brand new game and I don't want to tinker too much with anything mechanical until I'm more comfortable with it. The High and Wood Elves are both available as races, but not the Dark Elf.
Do you have a problem with 'counts as'? I'm fine with using the wood elf stats and just saying I'm a Shade if you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savayan View Post
Do you have a problem with 'counts as'? I'm fine with using the wood elf stats and just saying I'm a Shade if you are.
I have a hard time with the concept, they're xenophobic, cruel and much more likely to side with anything Chaos than the Empire BUT if you think you can make it work then I'll happily give it a read and see what I think. Ultimately, however, if I feel like the character will be more of a hindrance than a boon to the 'party' then I will say so.

I'll write it up. Xenophobic and cruel are accurate, but also apply to the Empire so I see it as more 'making things complicated' than anything else, and for all their many failings the non-Cult of Pleasure aligned Dark Elves are consistently opposed to Chaos. The angle I'm thinking is self-centered but mostly just out for survival. i.e. even if you don't agree with the stupid primitive humans, shut up and play along before they burn you at the stake. I get that a lot of folks who want to play dark elves do so to be edgy shitheads, but I'm mostly interested in the idea of what happens when you take someone like a dark elf out of their society in a situation where they can't really go home again.

I'll just poke in right quick and point out that the wood elves are famously xenophobic and cruel, and the traitor elves arn't exactly paragons of justice, unless its for their little island.

Dark elves, like many a thing, changed a lot (flanderization was, sadly, the route they took) but I always really liked the elf sparta thing they had going for them once upon a time, even created a fantastic reason for the whole slavery buissness (Hey dude, you know anything about, you know, food or building and shit?
Nope, I stab people...Yea...me too...Guess we need to find someone else to do all that shit for us, eh?)

Kinda curious if this is still open? I noticed an IC thread in the Forum...Have you already started accepting characters or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromer_awesome View Post
Id be interested in playing if you need another person
Characters have yet to be selected but we're getting closer to that point, I think the deadline will be the 2nd of March with the game beginning on the 3rd of March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyon_Sturmm View Post
Kinda curious if this is still open? I noticed an IC thread in the Forum...Have you already started accepting characters or something?
Still open, there's a pre-game IC thread for people to interact, introduce their characters, but nobody has been selected as of this point.