Ravenloft: The Mordent Free Associates need you! - Page 3 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Ravenloft: The Mordent Free Associates need you!

Old Dec 1 '17, 12:20am
Great Wyrm

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Ravenloft: The Mordent Free Associates need you!

The Mordent Free Associates - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

I should have known better. I am Jacob Kurtz head of the Associates. We call ourselves Associates mainly to sound bigger than we are. We are mainly involved in rescues, information raids, espionage and the occasional assassination. We are picky about the jobs we choose. We do not do things just for money, they have to be intended to do harm to those we feel deserve it. We donít target innocent people nor do we steal from them.

I come from a city called Chicago in nation called the United States on planet Earth. There are few people in this mist covered hell that are from there. I heard there is some town somewhere that is from Italy but from a different time than mine. According to the stories I have been told there are few people other than kids living there. When I was back in the States I would never have believed it, but here I am not so sure.

I was in France beating back the Krauts when a big cloud of smoke covered me and suddenly there was no sign of my unit, sound of artillary and no sound of battle. I didnít mind missing the last two but I had a few buddies in my unit that stuck with me through thick and thin.

I noticed that the countryside had no craters, no smell of death and no scream of shells. The countryside was pretty enough but it didnít look like the French countryside I just left but looked more like Great Britain. I eventually stumbled upon what looked to me like a quaint English Village. I went up to one of the villagers and said ďWhere am I?Ē and he replied in a language I didnít recognize, it wasnít English or French or German. Over time I learned the language while I worked odd jobs here and there and found out that it was called Mordent.

None of you know what I am talking about but it feels good to talk about it. Earth is quite different from here. The technology here is centuries out of date here but magic is far more developed

Game Description:

You are level 2 , I will allow you to roll 4d6 and drop the lowest one and arrange the stats however you want. You may be of any class or any race and any non-evil alignment. Some races will face prejudice in some domains. You will start of in Mordent but can wind up anywhere. Dark Powers checks are definitely a thing. For those who never played Ravenloft before that means when you act evil you may have to pay a price for it. One thing should be clear this is a Ravenloft game not a Masque of the Red Death game. Your boss is from Gothic Earth but you are not on it. We are going by Ravenloft rules.

Social skills are at a premium, you get one social skill free. You can have more than one if you wish. It also means charisma is less of a "dump" stat than in many games. Vampires are merely weakened by sunlight not destroyed by it. They are at -1 to attack and damage during the daylight hours but nothing more.

The Darklords are mostly pragmatic evil and villains with good publicity. In other words they mostly have a good reputation. Since you can't detect good or evil in Ravenloft they can hide their evil as easily as any clever or charismatic person can in the real world and the vast majority are both. Your character doesn't know about their evil and you should act like it.

In this game Darklords are redeemable and some may well have been redeemed. This is, in part, to throw a spanner in the works. For example, you can't count on Herself being evil, maybe she redeemed herself and her sister Louise is the new Dark Lord. Since "darklordship" and political power don't necessarily go together she might still rule the domain. Note that I am saying she MIGHT be redeemed but she probably isn't.

All darklords are unaging and undying. They neither age nor can they be permanently killed unless the Dark Power feel they should be allowed to die.

Dunno where you send the application, but usually you post it here:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdi...42049&tg=78508

It has the char gen rules for this particular game as well. As for your class and race.. i'd go and roll your attributes first and then decide

Take a look at the other applications what they did with theirs... (nick their templates if you like them, via quote - just don't post it, just to get the copy&paste ) You can copy mine (style, not content ), if you want to.

Oh, so only PHB and DMG for races/classes?

No SWOC, XGTE, etc. ?

Edit: Thanks for the reply by the way !

I'm pretty sure my sheets is done. I finished it the day after that was posted. I was confused by what was going on.

Where do we post characters?? I found it...lol