Notices

Myth-Weavers Comics!

Old Oct 28 '18, 10:52pm
Elder Dragon

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Myth-Weavers Comics!

MythWeavers Comics - Forum
Mutants and Masterminds 3e

WELCOME TO MYTH-WEAVER COMICS, DEAR READER! YOUR SOURCE FOR ADVENTURE, MAYHEM, CRIME-FIGHTING, SUPERHEROICS, AND STORIES WHICH YOU CAN SHAKE A SANDWICH AT!

READ THE WEAVE!

We at Myth-Weaver Comics are trying to begin an original comics universe for the Mutants & Masterminds 3E, and we want you to help us! Be it as Gamemasters, Co-GMs, players, or just readers! What will it be?

You say a shared comics universe and campaign world, but what does that really mean?
It's Earth, generally but in the long-standing tradition of comics, new countries or the like can come to be with player or a GM suggesting its existing and helping us bring it to be by helping write it up.

What do I need to help GM?

A concept for the story you want to tell, the PL you want to run it at, and the 'level' of which you want it to be at. We'll have a GM sign-up thread to facilitate this, and the answer as to 'where' you want your campaign, or adventure, to take place in. After answering this and how long you want to open up your recruiting period, an 'applications' thread will be created for your story arc/'series'.

What do I need to play?

Read the GM Advertisements for series, write up your character, and play if you are chosen!

Can I request to have a solo campaign/series?

Yes, you can request as a player for a GM to GM you and your character, BUT you will only get priority on this if you are also GMing.

What do I get benefit wise from GMing?

Precedence on being accepted into a series/campaign over non-GMs, as a thanks for Gamemastering. This benefit only occurs up until the first time, though, if you already have an active player character you shouldn't very well get another one.

What is the PL of the campaign world?

It depends on the GM's themselves.

Do parties also have input on what their 'comic series' will be called?

Of course!

Game Description:

A superheroic shared campaign world and setting for multiple GMs and games for various Mutants & Masterminds 3E games here on Mythweavers.

So, I have next to zero experience with M&M, but I like comics and superhero games. Is a lack of experience in the system going to be a deterrent to being selected?

Also, you mention to write up our characters, but I don't see a section for doing that (unless I missed it, which is entirely possible).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popestar View Post
So, I have next to zero experience with M&M, but I like comics and superhero games. Is a lack of experience in the system going to be a deterrent to being selected?

Also, you mention to write up our characters, but I don't see a section for doing that (unless I missed it, which is entirely possible).
Huh. I should double check that because I did create an applications section but maybe it doesn't show up. And it isn't going to stop me from choosing you, but the individual GMs should each be putting up what they want to see app wise, themselves.

I am still toying what my 'campaign' will be but I'm thinking maybe something of an x-men knock off.

It is worth noting that M&M has a wonderful free SRD located here: http://www.d20herosrd.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artanis25 View Post
It is worth noting that M&M has a wonderful free SRD located here: http://www.d20herosrd.com/
Yep! One of the reasons I went with it in the end vs going with the other one I considered, FASERIP.

I've been wanting to run campaign that would be basically Criminal Minds/SWAT crossed with Heroes. In other words, when superpowered people (Metas) become criminals, a special branch of the FBI (Ultima Bureau, until I can think of a better name), consisting entirely of Metas, tracks them down and brings them in. Ultima Bureau agents do NOT wear spandex, they look like any other FBI agent.

Just to make it more interesting, I might just add a touch of Torchwood and Lovecraft, in terms of aliens and tentacled Horrors From Outer Space coming through dimensional rifts.

The problem is, I've never played M&M before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warr View Post
Yep! One of the reasons I went with it in the end vs going with the other one I considered, FASERIP.
Actually, for future reference, all of the FASERIP books are available for download at classicmarvelforever.com. And yes, it's legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popestar View Post
Actually, for future reference, all of the FASERIP books are available for download at classicmarvelforever.com. And yes, it's legal.
Huh, wasn't aware of that! But I meant more the fact M&M seems to be known by more people and it has a SRD for those eho don't know it, tipped the scales.