Discord Server Recommendations/Requests - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Discord Server Recommendations/Requests

Discord Server Recommendations/Requests

We have a Discord server, details may be found here.

If you have any recommendations or requests for the server, please put them here!

It might be worth pointing out this, from the Terms Of Service:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Data
Any data, text, graphics, photographs and their selection and arrangement, and any other materials uploaded to the Service by you is “Your Data.”
<snip>
By uploading, distributing, transmitting or otherwise using Your Data with the Services, you grant to us a nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, sublicensable, and worldwide license to use Your Data, subject to the Company’s Privacy Policy.
In short, Discord can freely use anything that gets uploaded to/sent through the software.

Myth Weavers is a free-to-use site where most of the content is readily available. Even if Discord did decide it needed anything we sent through the server, it's nothing that isn't already available to everyone. It shouldn't be a problem, but we'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

It was more making people aware that anything posted to Discord becomes, essentially, Discord's property to do with what they wish, and that, (like, for eg, Facebook) they can make money from it.

Unless I've missed something, although content on MW is public, it remains the property of the contributor.

Very impressed with Discord's voice function. IMHO the chatting and dice function are neat but I share in the concern to actually post anything of any value. But dang, the voice is the way to go. I was using push to talk and headphones and internal mic and it was crystal clear.

I am interested in making a hybrid game using Discord's voice and MW pbp at the same time.

I created a server and it took less than a minute to do. So, if you want to make a hybrid game, I would imagine you create the game here on MW then invite the players to your server on Discord. I think it is worth testing.

You can open multiple voice channels so you can have different games going on as long as people don't get disruptive and start crossing the streams.

Yeah, we're working on having public voice rooms on the MW server that may be scheduled, so that way people can listen in on public games.

I'm not sure how many voice channels we can have, but I'm wondering if we might get a few more people interested in jumping onto them if we did a few game specific rooms?

Perhaps a DnD voice, World of Darkness, Starwars... Whatever is going to be a very general topic for discussion. The times that I've dropped in on the channel, I haven't seen any of the voice channels in use.

Granted, I'm on at weird times, and this is still very new, so that might be extra work for no pay off, but just my two cents!