This week in video games... - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

This week in video games...

A few days ago, I picked up Mark of the Ninja and Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 from Steam. The PA game bored me before I finished my first hour of game time, but Mark of the Ninja has been exceptionally good. For anybody who hasn't heard of this game, it's on 360/PC, and it's a 2D sidescrolling stealth/action game. Highly recommended.

Today, I picked up X-Com and 999, so those will be keeping me busy for a while

I've been playing 999 recently. I'm not very used to this type of game - basically a visual novel with puzzle sections interspersed occasionally - but I am definitely enjoying it, with the exception of a few points where the dialogue can absolutely drag on. I think that's more a result of the multiple playthroughs, though: You can fast-forward repeated dialogue, but when there's a very minor change you can end up going through large swathes you've basically read before. Still, since you should go into this as a visual novel first and a game second, IMO, it's very good at that.

I recently started playing perspective and it hit all the same kind of things portal did for me. It forces you to think in perspectives.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is going to be coming out in the US on Tuesday. Does anybody have any plans to pick it up?

I don't think I will, because it ain't my cup of tea...however I've hear nothing but good things about that game.

So, if anyone picks it up please feel free to share your experience.

Didn't feel like it was worth a new topic, so I dug this one out of the mothballs to point out that South Park: The Stick of Truth has just gotten a release date.

I am so happy this game managed to escape purgatory! As someone whose played the previous God-awful South Park games, I'm so excited for this one, with the direct involvement of Matt Stone and Trey Parker.

I'm waiting for the new Dark Souls. Other than that, I'm pretty much out of the game loop I still play SCV every once in a while.

Beyond Two Souls comes out on Tuesday. I enjoyed Quantic Dreams last couple efforts and this one looks like it's going to be good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9D1N-MHwog

Not sure how much of that is gameplay. There's also a 20 minute gameplay video out there, but I don't want to spoil anything so haven't watched it.