Who are your favourite Game Masters on Myth-Weavers? - Page 7 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Who are your favourite Game Masters on Myth-Weavers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerK View Post
D'awww, thanks for the mention, @JustMe! Once RL becomes predictable enough again, I'll pick our Akuroth game back up. And maybe will stop putting Liam's brother in precarious situations. ;p
I don't know the game in question...but come on. Who are you kidding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerK View Post
For my part, I'll nominate @guardinal. I've been playing in his 3.5 Forgotten Realms game Claw and Steel, Stone and Storm for a while now (level 9 now from level 5 or 6 starting). He's consistent, a good writer, and adept at making intriguing missions from both RP and mechanical standpoints.
Thanks for the shout-out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObsoleteMan View Post
In no particular order...

@katechon - Ran two of my absolute favorite games, both campaigns Tenra Bansho Zero. Neither of them were seen to conclusion, unfortunately, but damn did we have some amazing writers. Full credit to my fellow players on that (@Sandster, @daegrima, @bmsattler, @HuliJing and @Blakkmonk), but katechon really pushed us to kick the drama up to 11, and gave us a wonderful world to send our (deeply scarred) heroes hurtling through. Some of the most intellectually stimulating and invigorating RP I've ever been a part of. Hope he's doing well!

@KanketsusenNoKazan - He of the long and complicated name (jk love u bro), I got to play one of the most challenging characters I've ever squeezed out of my brain, in a very cool near-future, anime inspired, supernatural mystery/drama. As above, the interplay with the rest of the crew was awesome, great writers all around. Kanket managed to keep us all focused while still allowing a great deal of freedom for the characters, and somehow managed to turn even mundane events (beach volleyball!) into an opportunity for action, intrigue, or character development. Wish I'd had better luck finding my creative feet to jump into his last few games, but I'll always be keeping up with whatever he's got cooking.

@Krimson - Another proprietor of anime-flavored goodness, I really can't say enough good things. Detailed, interesting worlds, awesome (and often hilarious) characters, a subtle touch that allows for player freedom without total anarchy (much like Kanket), and a good deal of patience and understanding to boot. I technically only played one character in the two games I was involved in (one was basically just a re-skin of the other), but I had a blast every step of the way. It's a raw deal you got all those medical problems buddy, hope you're hanging in there!
Having had the pleasure to play with all of these GMs, I'd like to take the opportunity to second your list, @TheObsoleteMan (you are also a fine player I've been blessed to have the chance to play several games with!). I hope the opportunity arises in the future that I'll have the chance to do so again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daegrima View Post
Having had the pleasure to play with all of these GMs, I'd like to take the opportunity to second your list, @TheObsoleteMan (you are also a fine player I've been blessed to have the chance to play several games with!). I hope the opportunity arises in the future that I'll have the chance to do so again.
This thread gave me the motivation to work on something new.

Now that's something to celebrate, Krimson!

Just noticed this Thread. I'm in several Games with Tom_Gore. And he is very good. Several long running, very enoyable games. Some modules. Some his home written. Mostly Pathfinder. But one just starting out in 5E. I can highly recommend him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leons1701 View Post
TwilightKing deserves all kinds of recognition for overcoming endless battles with the RL monster to run what is now officially the oldest surviving game on Myth-Weavers (and you don't get players sticking around for 10 years if you aren't doing something right).
Just found this thread. Thank you so much for the mention Leon!

I'd also like to name @Random for being awesome. I was in his Sunless Souls game when it started, but ended up dropping out due to the RL monster. Glad to see it's still going!

@Craigmacc and @Hardren are stellar GMs as well. I'm thoroughly enjoying the games that they are running here. I'm sure I could think of more that I have played with over the years, but there are so many!