New Aeldyan, characters and pronunciation

New Aeldyan is Aelsif's first "real" conlang. Old Aeldyan was intentionally impossible to speak, as it was (in-universe) created by creatures who had no idea how spoken languages worked. New Aeldyan is their descendants' more sophisticated and functional version, which actually works as a (very easy to learn) spoken language. It's a simplistic language, but that makes sense in the setting. I'm looking for help filling out its vocabulary if anybody would be interested, all I need is sentences to translate and I'll get it done.

Let's start off by examining one word: Aelsif.

Let's break it down into its component parts. A-e-l-sif. "A" at the beginning of a word denotes future tense. "E" is "us" and often just refers to Aeldyans (Aeldyan is also a Boreal word, not an Aeldyan word). "L" is attached to create a possessive, so "el" is "our", as in "belonging to us" or "belonging to Aeldyans". Sif means "world", both as in a realm, but also as in a planet or other celestial body. Pronounced properly, it is "aeylseef".

That may be a bit overwhelming all at once. So let's go over one thing at a time.

Vowels are:
a (Pronounced like "aah".)
ae (Pronounced like "aey", as in the greeting.)
ai (Prounounced like "aye", as in the affirmative.)
ao (Pronounced like "ow", as in pain, or the same sound in "howl", or a similar sound in "house".)
au (Pronounced like "auu", like a grunt.)

ea (Pronounced like the "ea" in "year".)
e (Pronounced like "eei", as in a fangirl squeel.)
ei (Pronounced like "eye", as in the organs in your face.)
eo (Pronounced like "ew", as in disgust.)
eu (Pronounced like the "eu" in "Europe".)
ia (Pronounced like the "ia" in "chia pet".)
ie (Pronounced like "aiee", as in the letter names of "I and "E".)
i (Pronounced like "E", as in the letter's name.)
io (Pronounced like the planet Io.)
iu (Pronounced like "ee-oo".)
oa (Pronounced like the "oa" in "oat".)
oe (Pronounced like "oh E".)
oi (Pronounced like the Cockney greeting.)
o (Pronounced like "ooh".)
ou (Pronounced like the "ou" in "out".)

"Y" is not a vowel, but when following a consonant it means you pronounce that consonant's name.

Some of these are pretty similar, and most of the difference comes down to etymology.

Past and future tense:
Past tense is created by adding an "a" to the beginning of a word, and future tense by adding an "a" to the end of a word. Aa is pronounced the same as "ae", so "aey". Otherwise, follow the list above. Adding an "a" to each side of a word means something is meant to be ongoing, especially something perpetual. It also implies something is a force of nature, or divine in some way.

Nouns, you may have noticed, have past and future tense in Aeldyan. If something no longer exists or is being referred to in a past context it gains past tense. If something does not exist yet, or is being referred to in a future context, it gains future tense. A noun gaining both past and future tense, as above, means it's perpetual, that it always is, and is generally religious. Aeldya, for instance. It's eldy, or "our home", but it's past and future tense, so "our past and future home" or "our always home". Remember to place that "a" when writing a sentence, and remember that this changes the word's pronunciation a lot. "Eldy" went from "eeildee" to "Aeyldeeaah".

Word construction:
Old Aeldyan is made entirely of compound words. Each complex word is 2+ separate syllables that could be read as a phrase that describes what the word means. New Aeldyan takes common compounds and shortens them into a single syllable. For example, the term for fast chirping and squeeling noises made by some animals is kwieeiwoo in old Aeldyan, but it's just kweiw in New Aeldyan.

It's appropriate to start there, because Aeldyan puts a lot of emphasis on sounds. The original creators didn't use words, per se, so music and animal noises are more important to them emotionally than actual words. Sounds are always at the beginning of a word in Aeldyan, and most things are described with a related onomatopoeia. "Red" is "krik" (pronounced "creek"), based off the sound of a wood fire. So, add "kweiw" to "krik", for "kweiwkrik", and we get "fox". It chirps and squeels, gekkers more accurately, and it's red.

Sentence structure:
Subject-verb-object, noun-adjective. Fox swift jumped over dog lazy. Easy. There are no commas, each phrase is a distinct sentence with no pauses. This is an awkward holdover from Old Aeldyan, and it makes the language extremely terse when spoken. They can't write a sentence that sounds like this, each phrase in a series separated by a comma, the way we often do in English. They write sentences like this. Each phrase stands alone. It sounds mean.

And that's it. That's the extent of its current rules as written. If I forgot something vital, let me know.