Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Yes, it quite specifically says it increases the bonus. Nothing about granting the ability in the first place.

Pathfinder
Im contemplating writing up a potential concept of 'the alien experiment' character.

Anyone have any good suggestions on traits or classes that might play well for me trying to sprinkle a little Call of Cthulu feel spice into a Pathfinder game?

I remember a few good ones but cant find them using the filter for some reason, think their sites been wonky lately though. One gives you a split tongue and it helps you when summoning very specific creatures due to being able to pronounce things. *chuckle* One was you literally wake up from a stasis pod and from then on only need like 2 hours of rest from there. Think another one you get a wayfinder that doesn't point north and you have strange mannerisms giving you a bonus to bluff or something. Anyone know the names of these traits?

Im totally down for taking a few drawbacks (if the camp allows) and Additional traits feat if it helps me get a really flavorful character here.

Horror adventures basically has everything you need. Just look up horror adventures materials, probably on archives of Nethys.

Thanks Ready.

Pathfinder

If I can twin channel (both positive and negative at once) and take the 'Aura flare' ability, does this mean that I can effect both good and evil aligned stuff in my area with my 'choose one effect' function?

At which point if this would effect my party or innocents I just shape (via magic item or class ability) / selective them out of it (assuming not too many people I dont want to effect).

----

If I achieve the 'Protector of the people' story feat and obtain the goal reward of gaining the 'craft construct' feat but not having to meet the prerequisites; this doesn't inherently give me the ability to use options like construct armor or construct limb if I still dont have 'arms and armor' feat right?

Also in construct breakdowns, ex:

Craft Construct, alarm, animate objects, cat’s grace, geas/quest, limited wish, creator must be caster level 12th; Skill Craft (carpentry) DC 17; Cost 8,800 gp is the price if I meet all the prerequisites and CL 12th; Price 19,300 gp would be how much it would cost in total services at market etc between hiring casters/artisans etc?

"The cost to build any construct that normally costs less than the cost of your donated golem is permanently reduced by 10%; the cost of the base materials is not reduced, however."

Am I to assume this is the market value?

------

Also, there's no stat difference between a 'glass golem' and a 'stainglass golem' correct? Just stainglass golem is more expensive then glass golem but otherwise they are the same creature, just one might be a bit fancier and give off more colorful light etc.

Pathfinder -

Are there any official 'alter self' magic items? Im seeing a few disguise self things~ just wanted to know if I had to get a wand or something cause im not finding anything like a mask etc.

From what I remember, the robe of blending and seamless skin (but from what I recall the latter is very expensive).