An Argument that Dragon Compendium is not " Dragon Magazine" - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

An Argument that Dragon Compendium is not " Dragon Magazine"

An Argument that Dragon Compendium is not " Dragon Magazine"

So most consider Dragon Compedium to be posted and made by Pazio therefore not legit, usually under the context it is asked, all WOTC books of 3.5 are legal, blah blah blah, therefore said book does not count.

I rebuttle to said gathering of GM's

Page 3 *not counting the cover* down the page, you will see three seals.... d20, pazio, and the WOTC Official product logo. Making the book in question a part of the WOTC collection for 3.5 of published works.

Ahm... no.
"All books published by WotC" does not include Dragon Compendium.

First: It is not the same logo WotC put on their products.

Second: Same page as the 'officially licensed' WotC -logo, Open Content listing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Comp.
"This Paizo Publishing game product contains (...).
Quote:
Originally Posted by WotC products
"This WIZARDS OF THE COST(R) game product contains (...).
(Coloring added to both quotes)

Third: What's your goal with this rebuttal ? Force a GM to allow you to use content from the Dragon Compendium ? Good luck - a GM decides which book(s) to allow. Splitting hairs on technicality isn't going to endear you to any GM...

My rebuttal to the rebuttal: Purple. Dragon.

Anyone who's come across this will know what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
Ahm... no.
"All books published by WotC" does not include Dragon Compendium.

First: It is not the same logo WotC put on their products.

Second: Same page as the 'officially licensed' WotC -logo, Open Content listing:

(Coloring added to both quotes)

Third: What's your goal with this rebuttal ? Force a GM to allow you to use content from the Dragon Compendium ? Good luck - a GM decides which book(s) to allow. Splitting hairs on technicality isn't going to endear you to any GM...
A goal of any rebuttal, is conversation; and would say that they do get approval for the make of number one, and are still waiting approval for number two. So from my own misguided not reading the entire fine print, and further research on how TSR ran Dragon Magazine, before WOTC bought it, and gave publishing of the mag to pazio, would say instead it is Official 3rd party material. If that actually means anything.

So I will lower my WOTC claim, and instead go with it is published with first party knowledge and passive approval.

Like any thread, the goal is to talk, and sometimes argue. No one can force a GM into anything, but some public knowledge might open it up or likewise shut it down, from others using it. The biggest crime when creating something isn't that it was made, but that no one knows about it. An any player who is unwilling to do tad bit of research to back something up with lore or some sort of reasoning that is not dealing with pun pun level cheesiness, should be relished, as they are willing to make the bridges on the logic between why something should be considered, rather then. It blow stuff up good, can I have it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosHarbinger View Post
My rebuttal to the rebuttal: Purple. Dragon.

Anyone who's come across this will know what I'm talking about.
Are you referring to the touch attack breath weapon 'blade'?

not everything is good in everything, look at exalted deeds book , and then look at the weapons of legacy book . One is overpowered, the other is just crap, does not mean you ban the core books because they are part of the same set.

Dm can say no to EVERYTHING, , does not mean a player should be afraid in suggesting something.

Quote:
look at exalted deeds book , and then look at the weapons of legacy book
Which one is the OP one?