Favorite Podcasts? - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Favorite Podcasts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate71 View Post
My favourite over the last couple of years has been "Gamerstable", but their next ep is their last (they're stopping at 300 eps.) I also enjoy "Miskatonic University Podcast".
Which Miskatonic University Podcast? Looking to up my Cthulhu knowledge and exposure.

Joe Rogan Podcast, because Joe don't care what you think. That, and he always has a guest on.

I never got into the whole podcast thing, but I do listen to Dr Geek's Lab of Applied Geekdom every once in a while. Part discussion, part fan tribute, part drama, with interviews and suchlike. And you've probably never heard of it.

RPG wise, I'd have to echo the suggestion of RPPR, which is the only RPG podcast I've been able to stick with for years, although there's more stuff than I can manage to listen to being put out at the moment....

Comedy? Any of Richard Herrings stuff is usually good quality.

Other...The Parapod...is uhm, well, an experience...

I don't think anyone has mentioned My Brother, My Brother, and Me, which is my favorite comedy podcast. Other favorites are How Did This Get Made, Hardcore History, History of Rome, The Ancient World, and No Such Thing As A Fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsharkbear View Post
I don't think anyone has mentioned My Brother, My Brother, and Me, which is my favorite comedy podcast. Other favorites are How Did This Get Made, Hardcore History, History of Rome, The Ancient World, and No Such Thing As A Fish.
My husband is hooked on Adventure Zone, which I believe is by the same guys of My Brother, My Brother and Me + their dad.

I'm just picking up Serial. Good so far. I've always listened to NPR's Fresh Air on the radio and psyched to find it as a downloadable podcast now.

The aforementioned My Brother, My Brother, and Me (aka muhbimbam) is pretty good, wife listens to them a lot. I personally prefer Marc Maron's WTF Podcast, less on the funny side but still very interesting. Welcome To Night Vale is also very fun, a nice little homage to things like 50's sci-fi serials done in the style of public news updates for a fictional desert town.

Joe Rogan's podcast is pretty great, with a huge range of guests resulting in a pretty broad variety of topics. I love the Cracked podcast as well, for similar reasons.

Patrick Rothfuss (author of The Name of the Wind) and Max Temkin (creator of Cards Against Humanity) have an interesting podcast together (although it's short).

My current favorite is a D&D realplay, Drunks & Dragons. It's not for everybody, but their humor really matches mine and I pretty fully enjoy it.

Oh boy I have a bunch....where do I begin? Most of mine you can find on youtube, so I won't bother sharing links.
Word Funk is the podcast that got me listening to podcasts again. Its basically Seignfeld in podcast form. Three guys talk about nothing for an hour and a half. Topics include Baltamore Stories (one of the hosts lives in Baltimore), avantgarde music, law, religon and anime.

Dice Funk spawned off Word Funk and is the reason I'm on this site since its a tabletop podcast. They are on their second season and unlike most campaigns, none of the players (and sometimes the DM) take the game very seriously.

My Favorite Murders is good too. But its not for everyone since things can get really.....bleak. Its a true crime podcast mixed with some comedy and is really addicting.

Sleep with Me Podcast is a podcast for insomnia. The host sounds stoned AF and will ramble about random topics. Story examples is "The Great Ebola Crisis", "What Would JarJar do?" and "A Bjork Love Story." Its hilarous and oddly soothing at the same time.

Love and Justice is a mostly comedy podcast about Magical Girl series, mostly of Sailor Moon. I'm personally not a Sailor Moon fan, but the hosts are hilarious and definitely interesting to listen to if you have two hours to kill.