Notices

Fight the blight

Old Mar 10 '19, 5:06am
GM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Fight the blight

After the Fall - Forum
Fate/Fudge

It is a time after the fall of the last great archmages. Though they are gone the scars of their endless wars remain. This is the story of those that go out to tame the world and try to rebuild something better.

The archmages had once been wielders of ancient magic that transformed the land and brought plenty to all their subjects. But with all magic there is a price. The archmages learned to balance the cost and rewards. What should have been a golden age was darkened when some of them grew greedy and wanted to get around the cost of magic so they began to experiment with miasmic magic. That magic was powerful, violent and seemed without limits. But there was a cost. It created a miasma that warped the minds of the archmages and their lands. Eventually, they blighted their lands and warped the very people that lived there. The Miasmic Mages waged wars to take new lands and new people as they left behind miasmic ruin. Wars began and would be waged for hundreds of years.

In the end, there was no winner. One by one each of the Archmages has died, been trapped, taken by eldritch horrors or simply disappeared. None have been seen since.

The wars have come to an end. The blighted lands and people still remain. some worse than others. The worst blights still spawn monsters. Sometimes even eldritch horrors rip through the worst blights from the void.

Three kingdoms have survived the wars. They are all trying to rebuild and consolidate their powers.

Into all of this adventurers embark to find any of the ancient magic now long lost. Some seek powerful items while others simply seek a place to create their own kingdoms. Others are trying to remove the miasma and close the rifts that have let the horrors through into our world. The one thing that joins them all is that they seek to create their own destinies.

Welcome to After the Fall.

I am looking for two more players.

This is a Fate Accelerated game. You can get a feel of the setting so far created in the setting /lore section:
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=465091

guidelines for making characters is here:
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=465092

That is also the application folder where you can drop in your characters

Applications close Saturday the 16th. Selection will happen sunday the 17th and I will post tweaks and changes for accepted applications.

Game Description:

It is a time after the fall of the last great archmages. Though they are gone the scars of their endless wars remain. This is the story of those that go out to tame the world and try to rebuild something better.

The archmages had once been wielders of ancient magic that transformed the land and brought plenty to all their subjects. But with all magic there is a price. The archmages learned to balance the cost and rewards. What should have been a golden age was darkened when some of them grew greedy and wanted to get around the cost of magic so they began to experiment with miasmic magic. That magic was powerful, violent and seemed without limits. But there was a cost. It warped the minds of the archmages and warped their lands. Eventually blighting their lands and warping the very people that lived there. The Miasmic Mages waged wars to take new lands and new people as they corrupted everything they touched. Wars began and would be waged for hundreds of years.

In the end, there was no winner. One by one each of the Archmages has died, been trapped, taken by eldritch horrors or simply disappeared. None have been seen since.

The wars have come to an end. The blighted lands and people still remain. some worse than others. The worst blights still spawn monsters. Sometimes even eldritch horrors rip through the worst blights from the void.

Three kingdoms have survived the wars. They are all trying to rebuild and consolidate their powers.

Into all of this adventurers embark to find any of the ancient magic now long lost. Some seek powerful items while others simply seek a place to create their own kingdoms. The one thing that joins them all is that they seek to create their own destinies.

Welcome to After the Fall.

Last edited by Chaiboy; Mar 14 '19 at 2:14am..
Well, I'm interested. Let me see if I can figure out something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerin View Post
Well, I'm interested. Let me see if I can figure out something.
I have to say it'd be funny if I wound up playing in a game with the GM from another one of my games. Usually for me it's the other way around.