The Blackvine Mercenaries are Looking for New Hires! - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

The Blackvine Mercenaries are Looking for New Hires!

Old Feb 27 '19, 4:42am
Helltripper Junior Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
The Blackvine Mercenaries are Looking for New Hires!

Station on the Borderworld - Forum
Starfinder

So, I've been around this site for a while now. I decided, in an attempt to jump into DMing, decided to run the module Station on the Borderworld by d20pfsrd. It's a beginner-friendly module and a different setting to work with. If this goes any further than the module, then I'll call it a win and do what I can to keep it moving.

Since Starfinder games tend to be few and far between, I decided that it'd be a good idea to be a touch open with what is available. You can find the info over here. Ideally, I'm looking for a gang of 4-5 interested folks who wanna try out something less common.

Game Description:

STATION ON THE BORDERWORLD

For over three centuries, the Cyrollia system has been terrorized by the Terror Cults of the Crawling Chaos. Despite all odds, the Blackvine Mercenary Company has been valiantly combating these terrorists and protecting the citizens of Cyrollia. However, the Blackvine Mercenaries can only do so much. As an underfunded fringe of a mercenary company, they need new blood to continue the fight.

This is where you come in. Blackvine, running low on funds, placed want ads anywhere they can for new mercenaries to join them. You will be a band of mercenaries drawn from areas inside or around Cyrollia, all with a new spark of drive and will to finally make that step to put an end to the Terror Cults. The best hope Blackvine has in getting an answer.

Let's hope that trust is well-founded.

I'm curious, was this a module, or did you come up with this on your own? If you did, what made you come up with it? I'm trying to build up my own right now so I'm looking for tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrescentStar View Post
I'm curious, was this a module, or did you come up with this on your own? If you did, what made you come up with it? I'm trying to build up my own right now so I'm looking for tips
I've mentioned it in the ad itself, but this is a module released by the guys at d20PFSRD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Zer0 View Post
Totally newbie here but interested for sure
You're still welcome to join in for sure!

Just a note for everyone following the development here: With the momentum of apps dying down a bit, I'm going to officially mark MARCH 15th as the deadline for all applications. Anyone working on theirs has a week to finish working on it.

What is the relationship -- if any -- between the Cyrollia system and the Pact Worlds? Are you using the standard Starfinder campaign setting defaults? The Gap, Starfinder Society, Drift travel, etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyonV View Post
What is the relationship -- if any -- between the Cyrollia system and the Pact Worlds? Are you using the standard Starfinder campaign setting defaults? The Gap, Starfinder Society, Drift travel, etc.?
If we're looking for some parallels...
  • Cyrollia's pretty far away from the Pact Worlds, generally around the Vast. Point is, it's a great distance between the two Cyrollia and Golarion and thus only merchant vessels and freighters tend to make the trip there via Drift travel. Especially following the Terror Cults.
  • Cyrollia was founded some time bordering Gap, so while it's a thing, it's not something that deeply concerns everyone because, say, it's tied to the absence of an entire planet. The Terror Cults prove to be a far more present and pressing matter to contend with.
  • The Starfinder Society does not have an official presence here. At the very least, their presence is rather minimal and they aren't tied to the Blackvine Mercenaries. They have no official outpost like Station Paxem.

Thanks for the reply and the information. It sounds like the adventure is set fairly independently of some of Starfinder's campaign setting conventions. That's perfectly ok with me -- I just wanted to know for background purposes.

LAST WARNING

If anyone's still working on an app or planning on putting theirs in, you have until MIDNIGHT EST (roughly nine hours) from now to put it in. After that, I'll be spending the weekend on deliberation before making my selections.

You have been warned.