The newest new to ever new - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

The newest new to ever new

The newest new to ever new

Hello! I'm JoJo and I just started a D&D game with my friends but I love it a lot so I decided I wanted to join an awesome community of other really cool players and learn more!!

I'm a recent illustration major graduate and a freelance concept artist! It's nice to meet everyone!!!

welcome aboard @jojoruan! I for one would love to see your art. If you have an online portfolio, please consider posting a link, or some of your work directly in the Creative Corner. I can' tbe the only one who has ideas for gaming products and could use an artist or three to pretty it up.

If you are new to PBP, which it sounds like you are, you may want to want to review the information found in the New to Play-by-Post thread, even though you aren't New to PBP. It gives good info about how WE do PBP. Also check out the Myth-Weavers Site Rules. PBP runs a little different than tabletop; you don't all sit down at the same time and play for hours, you log in when you can and progress the game. Because of this unique mechanism, games that would take 5 hours around a table, can take months in PBP.

Make sure to poke around the site a the other places, besides the Games & Ads. There is a lot of good information, and a lot of good conversations going on. Get involved in conversations about game systems you know, ask about game systems you don't know about. Check out our Discord server...which is also a great place to meet up with people and see other games being posted.

So, the way things work here is players don't just get invited to games. GMs will put up an ad for a game, and players will apply for the game. Some game systems will only get a handful of applicants while other, more popular ones (3.5E, 5E, Pathfinder...), will get up towards 20 applicants wanting to play in the game. So, head on over to the Games & Ads forum and see what is advertising. If nothing catches your interest right away, hang out and check out the other forums, or get on Discord and meet people. For every game system out there, there are people here interested in playing.

Also, if you see a game for a system you aren't familiar with, but the game sounds interesting, don't discount it. Often, they have better campaign settings than Pathfinder or D&D, and are easier to get into. And often...the system is better. One of my favorite systems I found at random when someone posted about it on here.

Most important thing...HAVE FUN!