Time Control? - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Time Control?

I'd probably start with a Paralyze effect, maybe stick an AoE on it. You could then branch out into Drain (Movement) or Drain (Dex), depending on what exactly you wanted.

Speeding up? Ehn, maybe Quickness or some kind of Boost (Movement)? There's no real way to get extra attacks in M&M, so that's out the window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper314 View Post
I'm not a 100% sure what you're asking Goran. You could make an area affliction power that paralyzes with the selective trait. That would allow you to slow down (paralyze) only your enemies. Or you could create an area effect Time Control again with selective that allows you to only speed up your allies and thus slow down your enemies.
2E Reaper, not 3E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveled View Post
I'd probably start with a Paralyze effect, maybe stick an AoE on it. You could then branch out into Drain (Movement) or Drain (Dex), depending on what exactly you wanted.

Speeding up? Ehn, maybe Quickness or some kind of Boost (Movement)? There's no real way to get extra attacks in M&M, so that's out the window.

2E Reaper, not 3E.
You can achieve the same effects regardless of edition. Paralyze with area and selective. Super Speed with area and selective. Time Control is really not a effect. It's just a descriptor for effects so it's not so much incomplete in the book as it's just one example of an effect with the Time Control descriptor.

Personally I think drain movement/dex would not represent what I think you want to achieve. Just slowing their movement speed would not effect their attacks or other attributes.

The time slow im looking for is slowing down my enemies and they are aware of themselves being slower than everything else around them. essentially birds are still flying at normal speed to them. cars are normal speeds. people still walk normally. but the ones affected know they are specifically hit by slow

It sounds like Paralyze, to me. Still conscious, still aware of everything that's happening, just can't act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
The time slow im looking for is slowing down my enemies and they are aware of themselves being slower than everything else around them. essentially birds are still flying at normal speed to them. cars are normal speeds. people still walk normally. but the ones affected know they are specifically hit by slow
Those are all not mechanical effects, though. They all -or nearly all- fall into the descriptor rather than the effect.

in which case what would be the exact descriptors of this specific power using...
Effect:
Action:
Range:
Duration:
Cost:
Saving throw:

i tried to piece it together looking at time control, time stop, and paralyze of how they were set up and i just ended up confusing myself (note this is first time playing but ive been at this for a little while now)