OOC - Put the tent right here he said - Myth-Weavers

Notices

OOC - Put the tent right here he said

OOC - Put the tent right here he said

@Peacemonger, @Grisha, @Jallious, @NewtTheGReat, @SeventhCross, @QuirkyJoe, @Cobbett, @Chardastes, @Foodle, @SmokeyGB, @Illniyar

Here is the OOC thread for those PCs at Caldwell Castle and its surrounds.

The Cerulean Jug thread is open to:

Brumble
Garakh
Wystian
Tengen
Thaddeus
Kurin
Tristin
Calcawe
Leonidas
Vin
Cognys
Polgara

Thanks, @Miladoon!

Fabulous! Time for more hijinks!

How does downtime days work? do we get them before hand (like in Adventurer's league) or does it just advance the time tracker for us? if the former, how do we get some (I don't remember getting it in our adventure), if the latter, how does it work with joining other people to quests who are on different dates?

Also I was hoping Cognys might get Caldwell's help in researching the journal, the bomb and the location of the library, if that's possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drealynn View Post
I hope you do not mind that Polgara is in here too
Nope. I edited my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illniyar View Post
How does downtime days work? do we get them before hand (like in Adventurer's league) or does it just advance the time tracker for us? if the former, how do we get some (I don't remember getting it in our adventure), if the latter, how does it work with joining other people to quests who are on different dates?

Also I was hoping Cognys might get Caldwell's help in researching the journal, the bomb and the location of the library, if that's possible.
Downtime days are given out. Then you spend them, and coin. You get them between chapters, so I will give some out to Cognys shortly. The number of days typically handed out to each player will vary depending on the players date when the chapter ended and the date of a new chapter starting. I will figure out the next chapter start date and get you a downtime days number.

Caldwell might take a look at the journal but he prefers his sanity. Maybe you guys can work out a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miladoon View Post
Caldwell might take a look at the journal but he prefers his sanity. Maybe you guys can work out a deal.
Researching the journal doesn't have to entail reading it (finding out about it from other sources is just as viable).

Also I was under the impression that Cognys (and others) don't realize that researching the journal makes them mad. Though after yesterday, Cognys suspects the Journal is cursed somehow.

In fact, he will probably cast identify on the book and the bomb. Now that he has the pearl.

Identify is a bit too much. Takes out the joy of finding out about what magic items do. You think some houserules could be made for it? maybe certain items require casting in different levels? or at least a depleting of resource like in 3e .

I like your impression. Caldwell may read it. He could provide more input.

I probably won't house rule Identify. Eventually the journal will reveal enough plot hooks to keep Cognys busy. Identify won't help with that anyway.