Diablo: The Awakening - Forum
Pathfinder

The Initiate

Which way is the right path, as I stand upon
this chaotic crossroad of hate…
How many ways are there to roam
on this dark and damned road of Fate…

“There are many ways, my son,
to find where the souls of Demons remain…
But it takes only one second of despair and of doubt
until at last, your soul, they will gain…
Inherit these lands, these things, these dreams
that are yours, forever, to adore…
For there is no life, in the depths of chaos, my son,
for you to explore…”
C. Vincent Metzen

Whether you've played any of the games in the Diablo series or not, you are welcome to complete an application to take part in my take on the first Diablo game.

What you can expect:
  1. Dungeon Crawling
  2. Dungeon Crawling
  3. Dungeon Crawling
  4. More Dungeon Crawling

Ok, so there will be more then that, but realize that if you're getting into this game, there will be a lot of time spent within a single Mega-Dungeon, so if that's not for you, you might as well stop reading now. If you're into exploring dungeons, combat, and loot, then this is the game for you.

The game takes place in a single town, known as Tristram. Within Tristram is an old Cathedral. An ancient evil has awoken beneath this Cathedral, and undead and demons can be heard walking the halls of the catacombs below. When the initial force attempted to battle the evil within the Cathedral, they were wiped out almost instantly, but not before discovering the treasures that await those who can brave it's depths. This naturally has made Tristram a destination for Adventurers seeking riches and glory. More and more adventurers have attempted to reach the bottom, but none have yet to make it that far. It's up to you to fight your way through the evil within the Cathedral, and destroy whatever is responsible for the Darkening of Tristram.

A party of 4 will be going on this adventure.

Character Creation information can be found within the game forum, or you can just click here!

I don't have a set date for an application deadline as of this time, but I tend to get impatient, so don't wait too long!

I'm going to keep this short, and save the rest for the actual game, so feel free to ask me any questions.

Game Description:

An old Horadric Monastery squats at the edge of Tristram. The wizardly Horadrim Order created the monastery several hundred years ago; however as the Horadrim Order waned in favor of the Vizjeri mage-clan, the monastery fell into disuse and was finally abandoned. All save a few have forgotten the original purpose of the monastery, though all remember the brief occupation by King Leoric.

A foreign king named Leoric seized the monastery as his seat of power. The presence of Leoric's household, advisers, and army awakened some evil hidden deep beneath the monastery in the deepest catacomb. The army dispersed, and evil overcame Leoric and his entire household.

The quiet monastery on Tristram's edge erupted with undead and the rumor of infernal creatures! The moans of tortured spirits, the creaking of bones of undead, and the horrible cries of manifest demons echo from broken monastery windows. Now, Evil walks the monastery and the catacombs below it.

Adventurers, do-gooders, and paladins of the Light soon arrived from many lands. Many died outright, and others finally gave up before reaching the source of the evil in the bottom-most catacomb. Despite the failure of all who've come before, or perhaps because of it, more adventurers are drawn to Tristram every year. Though no one has yet breached the bottom-most catacomb, the Evil remains contained within the monastery walls.

And so Tristram is more than a mere farming hamlet. When adventurers are in town, which is often, it serves as the perfect base of operations, free from Hell's influence. Molded by the special needs of adventuring, the services offered by Tristram are first rate, and they include an inn and tavern, a healer, a blacksmith, a lore-master, and the occasional market of arcane artifacts retrieved from the monastery's catacombs by adventurers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tparks View Post
What you can expect:
  1. Dungeon Crawling
  2. Dungeon Crawling
  3. Dungeon Crawling
  4. More Dungeon Crawling
I literally have the best song of all time for this.

Quite possibly interested.

When do you plan to close this ad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric_Wizkrd View Post
When do you plan to close this ad?
No set date. Just when I feel I have enough applications, I will give a short notice for people to iron out anything they haven’t finished. There are quite a few applications now, so probably soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowbane View Post
Late 2e AD&D had a fantastic product for this. The magic item charts alone...
I’m using that as a resource. I even stole the name! Lol

If anyone was planning on making an application, get one in tonight if possible! I'll be reviewing applications this weekend, and closing the ad as soon as I'm done.

The Adept“I have walked the paths; the shadowed roads
that led to terror’s breast. I have plumbed the depths of
Hatred’s womb and scaled Destruction’s crest.

For every secret left unveiled, for every power learned,
I’d sell the remnants of my soul, regardless how it burned.
And still I sought a higher wisdom few could have attained.
‘Though I found it, it would leave me - broken, damned and drained.

For now I find this power gained is more unto a curse.
My spirit burns with every spell and each irreverent verse.
Despite this strength and knowledge earned, I have paid a heavy toll,
Never should’ve traded power for my own immortal soul.”

– C. Vincent Metzen

I wish I had seen this sooner - I don't know enough about Spheres to make a character quickly though. I'd totally make a Druid - they were so awesome in D2.