Old May 30 '18, 4:05pm
Pocketful of Posies

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Welcome to the Jungle: The Wilds of Navar

Welcome to the Jungle - Forum
Dungeon World

The facts
  • About me:
    Hi I'm Xenogenesis. You can call me Xeno or just X. I've been playing RPGs in various forms since I started high school which was about 15 years ago. I've been coming to myth-weavers for a long time, but I haven't posted until recently. My experience has mostly been with D&D 3.5, but I wanted to try something new lately. This is my first time DMing (or playing for that matter) Dungeon World. So if you've ever been curious about the system I think this could be a good choice for you

• Setting:
    Navar. A sprawling continent covered in mostly lush green rainforests. It is a land of warring tribes, lost cities, and untamed wildlife. Much of the 'civilized' world sees it as a forbidding and forsaken place, but its harsh beauty and potential for exploration is a marvel for a certain few. It is rumored that all life once sprang from Navar. At its center lies a place known as 'The Heart of the World', a land of dire beasts and the most ancient of the world's peoples.

• Players:
    Four needed. You do not need experience playing dungeon world, but please do take some time to investigate how the game is played. The system is simple and rules light. Then develop a compelling character concept. Even if your characters are more competitive than cooperative, you should be more cooperative than competitive.Hopefully we can make it to level 11 and be friends for years (which is always my hope when starting a game. But one step at a time.)

• *SUGGESTED* Posting Rate:
    One low impact post per day or every other day, OR 2-3 high quality posts per week. Depending on the wishes of the group.

• Character Creation:
    Write a short vignette or story that gives us a feel for your character and post it to your application in the Game Forum. You can go ahead and make your character sheet as desired or wait until after selection or embellish your application in anyway you see fit. We want good writing skills, compelling backgrounds, potential for growth, and details we can add to the world. Also reference DW SRD: Character Creation

Post your character here

• Sources:
    As I'm trying to get the hang of the game myself, the Dungeon World core playbooks and Perilous Wilds will be the only books used/allowed for this game. You should at least read Playing the Game in the Dungeon World SRD if you haven't already. It's fine if some things aren't clear to you. We'll use perilous wilds for generating situations and locations. I have some things pre-planned but we'll go the way the game takes us, and the world will be built by our choices.
  • Bonds:
    Bonds will naturally be chosen after PC selection. You many write your own bonds or you may also use those provided by the source material as well. The main requirement is that those named in your bond must agree to your bond. We will work this out together.

Game Description:

Setting:

Navar, the womb of all life.

A sprawling continent mostly covered in lush green rain forests. It is a land of warring tribes, lost cities, and untamed wildlife. Much of the 'civilized' world sees it as a forbidding and forsaken place, but its harsh beauty and potential for exploration is a marvel for a certain few. It is rumored that all life once sprang from Navar. At its center lies a place known as 'The Heart of the World', a land of dire beasts and the most ancient of the world's peoples. Many have traveled to unearth its secrets, but few have returned.

Game Ad: Most details can be found here

Last edited by Xenogenesis; May 31 '18 at 6:21pm..
Hi Everyone,

Sorry about a few days lag in responses. I think we've got sufficient interest now so I'm going to close the game ad.
For everyone who has demonstrated interest please check in on the game forum for an update. For anyone else who was potentially interested in a DW game I suggest checking in on the interest thread for the Scourged Lands and watching for the upcoming application cycles.