Two Adventures in a fairy-tale-inspired world

Old Sep 8 '18, 5:00am
Great Wyrm

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Two Adventures in a fairy-tale-inspired world

Adventures in Fairlyle - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

The Baroness's Son and The Hag's Curse

Welcome to the world of Fairlyle, a place of magic, wonder, and adventure. Here the Allied Kingdoms work together towards finding harmony, the forces of darkness are constantly held at bay, and often times the only thing that limits one's dream is their imagination. Still, this peace, this prosperity is won through hard work and the constant courage and sacrifice by brave adventurers...

This is a recruitment for two separate games I'll be running set in my homebrew world. The first will be a group hired by a Baroness in chivalrous Avendell to find her son who's been taken by a fey into her own land. The second takes place in a rural town that is about to suffer form the attentions of a mischievous Hag. Both games are meant to be shorter, light-hearted, but still have enough risk, consequence, and interesting moments to be memorable.

General character creation rules can be found here: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthr...0#post13704880
Specific character creation for the Baroness's Son found here: https://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdi...43826&tg=84635
Specific character creation for the Hag's Curse found here: https://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdi...43826&tg=84636
Setting, house rules, and GM Expectations here: https://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdi...43826&tg=84176

And finally you can submit your application (specifying which game you are applying for) here: https://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdi...43826&tg=84639

Deadline for both games is Saturday, September 22nd. I will make final selections when I wake up on the 23rd. I'll be choosing 4-5 characters for both games, but ask that prospective players only apply to one game so that more people can be accepted.

Feel free to ask me any questions here, or in either of the pre-game OOC threads.

Game Description:

Fairlyle is a homebrew world that mixes a standard D&D world with elements of Disney-esque fairy tales, Legend of Zelda-type quests, and a few other flavorings from varying sources.

With my current life situation (which is pretty good), I just don't see myself having the time to put in the consistent effort needed for an epic, long-term game as much as I'd like to. Therefore, in order to scratch the GM itch, I can instead do shorter, highly-themed games.

I enjoy myself a dark, gritty game as much as the next person, but I prefer those as a player, not as GM. Instead, expect whimsy, high-flying adventure, and wonder in my games. More details can be found within the forum.

"It is said there is a world hidden with a pocket realm, a land of floating continent-isles over soft seas. It is an idyllic place at its heart, and strange and varied across its seven trailing limbs. Yet, no land is perfect, and there is a Blight which seeks to snuff out the good in the world. It is not a land where the cosmic struggle of good and evil, law and chaos play out. No, it is a world that is more humble, yet where no less gripping tales are told.

Surely the bards have conjured up another fanciful ruse.

-A Planar Traveler who has never been to Fairlyle

Last edited by Peacemonger; Sep 9 '18 at 4:40am..
Is there set days and times you are looking to run the campaigns? Will we be using Discord or something similiar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeeolag View Post
Is there set days and times you are looking to run the campaigns? Will we be using Discord or something similiar?
No discord of anything live. It will all by play-by-post. I'll personally normally be posting on weekday evening (I'm in MST) and whenever on weekends.

Looks interesting! What a cool homebrew. I'm starting a concept now. Will you accept people who are new to the site? I have experience with pbp and 5e, but nothing very recent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4cha View Post
Looks interesting! What a cool homebrew. I'm starting a concept now. Will you accept people who are new to the site? I have experience with pbp and 5e, but nothing very recent.
That's fine. If you find yourself having trouble with some of the site features, let me know.

Very interesting homebrew worlds..

I was thinking Hag's End... A noble who has no interest in being a noble (noble background), a man prone to fly into rage when he is wronged (Barbarian) who secluded himself in the village to escape his father's intentions- his peace is disturbed by the Hag. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The User Experience View Post
Very interesting homebrew worlds..

I was thinking Hag's End... A noble who has no interest in being a noble (noble background), a man prone to fly into rage when he is wronged (Barbarian) who secluded himself in the village to escape his father's intentions- his peace is disturbed by the Hag. Thoughts?
The basic concept seems fine, the details will probably define the character more.