Like to Fight? See Thel Achilla at the Veins Amplitheatre! - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Like to Fight? See Thel Achilla at the Veins Amplitheatre!

Old Sep 14 '18, 9:28pm
I... I... I'vegottagodosomething!

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Like to Fight? See Thel Achilla at the Veins Amplitheatre!

Shadow River Rampage - Forum
Pathfinder

What This Is

Hey, weíre looking for some replacement gladiators for our theoretically-a-Pathfinder game. Two or three to be (not exactly) precise. Because weíre using a raft (more of a galleon, really) of house rules, I donít want to have anyone go through the laborious process of character generation until we know theyíre in. And what Iím really looking for is panache:

Make a single post in this thread, pretty it up as you like, with the following things:
  • Who your character is (not just a name, but a brief summary of what theyíre like as a person)
  • A picture (if you have one)
  • What race and class(es) youíre intending on playing
  • Your characterís background, in point form
  • A sentence or so of detail on 2-5 important background characters from said background

Weíll worry about character generation when youíre in, but for the broad strokes: level 5 characters with the equivalent of a very high point buy and a bunch of additional house rules. These house rules can be found here:
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=420340
https://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdi...41896&tg=78060
Theyíre fairly extensive, so youíll want to make sure youíre okay with all of that before applying.

As far as this gameís style goes, itís heavily influenced by RWBY, Uresia, and whatever Iíve been watching, reading, or playing in the past month. So, if youíre not into heavily-pop-culture-flavored fantasy and you donít like a game with an anime filter laid overtop if it, you probably wonít enjoy this game.

Whoís In The Group And What We're Looking For

Right now our two remaining PCs are:
  • Aiden Malachy, a knight-in-training and a Ď
    Mechanically, a summoner
    demonologistí, who just happens to work with an angel by the name of Lady Seliísona.
  • Naenia Bellagosse, a necromancer and
    A custom oracle archetype - basically a replacement Mystic Theurge
    thaumaturge and one of the infamous Arimae Bellagosseís dozens of daughters.

As far as character motivations go, all thatís required is that either your character gets retconned in as having been with the group all along, or was both separately hired by Thel to investigate the deaths at the arena, and is friendly enough that theyíll stick around with the group after getting unceremoniously thrown together. In terms of background, Iím not likely to accept more than one character from Earth unless the concept really grabs me.

Hereís a bunch of setting information thatís directly relevant, and if you have any other questions, we can happily answer them together, or just go ahead and buy the book - IMO itís worth the twenty bucks. Applications will close whenever I feel like it, but not for at least a week, and not without warning. Any other questions, please feel free to drop us a line in our OOC thread!

Game Description:

The Veins Amphitheatre - or as itís more commonly known, the Shadow River Arena - is a storied construction, standing almost longer than the city itself, and having played host to many of the most famous gladiators in Heavenís Grave. Life as a gladiator is deadly enough, so when something starts killing the warriors outside of the ring, amidst the politics of the Veins, stable factor and part-owner of the arena, Thel Achilla, realizes she needs help... and she needs it fast. Can a group of ragtag adventurers bring any order to the pandemonium?

-----

This is a slice-of-life dramedy-action style Pathfinder game inspired by S. John Ross' wonderful Uresia campaign setting, the Dungeon Magazine adventure Pandemonium in the Veins, the XCrawl campaign setting, the web serial RWBY, and a countless host of other books, movies, video games, and anime.

And don't worry, Aiden & Selis don't bite.

I can't help but think that you're forgetting to mention someone... but who could it be?

I was about to make a joke about investing evolution points into a Bite Attack for Selis just to prove you wrong, but Azata don't qualify for it >w>;

Hi! So, I'm tentatively interested; I'm down with all of your houserules, but I'd like to play a third-party class, preferably an Ethermagus or Ethersliger, or the Runesmith, all of which can be found here. Basic character idea is an Orgalt dwarf, a warrior-scholar of his esoteric brand of magic come to Shadow River in pursuit of knowledge and power.

Well, I'm not personally familiar with those classes, so I'll have to take a look at them. The concept itself sounds just fine, though - please feel free to put in an app!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGSE View Post
Hi! So, I'm tentatively interested; I'm down with all of your houserules, but I'd like to play a third-party class, preferably an Ethermagus or Ethersliger, or the Runesmith, all of which can be found here. Basic character idea is an Orgalt dwarf, a warrior-scholar of his esoteric brand of magic come to Shadow River in pursuit of knowledge and power.
Having had a chance to flip through Ethermagus and Etherslinger, I don't see anything immediately objectionable about either of those classes - they seem reasonable enough to me, so I'm going to say yes to them. I haven't had a chance to read up on Runesmith yet.

Alright, I think I'm going to be closing up apps this Sunday morning EST - that's September 30th, somewhere between 1200-1400 hours UTC. There's still time to throw your hat in the ring if you're interested, so come on by and say hi!