Exalted: After the End

Old Sep 16 '18, 6:58am
Wyrm

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Exalted: After the End

After the End - Forum
Exalted

The World has Ended.

Over the last few short years you have watched Creation fall around you. Everything and everyone - or nearly everyone - has died in a horrid plague. On it's heels marched the Fair Folk; twisted and mad and both beautiful and terrible in equal measure. They surged past the boundary of Creation, through the bordermarches and fell through the remaining few who stood despite the horrid losses of the Contagion. They feasted on the horror and madness that they brought to the hearts of those who fought them, and there seemed to be no turning them back, they even made it this far, to this bastion you call home - or at least that your duty demands you protect.

Now there is no clamour of battle. In front of you where the Fae Cataphract you were battling once stood there is only a small smoking crater where the ball of fire had fallen from the sky uppon it. Further away another had been taken by a bolt of lightening, a squad of hobgoblins had been sucked away by a funnel cloud that had dropped from the clear skies, and even the great Behemoth their leader had ridden into battle had been laid low by a beam of blinding light that had left nothing but ash in it's wake.

The world has ended, but somehow you have all been saved. There is only one question left.

What will you do?

This will be a game of 3rd edition Exalted starting from exactly the point detailed above. The First Age has fallen, if not with the Usurpation then just now. It is unlikely that the Shogunate is still in any shape to function, even in the fractured and infighting prone way it has since the fall of the Anathema. Even if they are you are a long way away from the Blessed Isle and are unlikely to be a priority. Survival is likely to depend on organising whatever forces you can scrape back together and strengthening your position as best you can. If you're luck holds then in a few short months you'll have a horde of Silver Anathema marching down on you, or a plague of hungry ghosts, or perhaps (if you're lucky) simple unrest in the local gods. Either way, it falls to you to hold the survivors together.

Or not.

If you're interested, I've got a folder for character applications in the game forum. I don't really care what kind of sheet template you use but there is some information you'll want to have.

First this is a Dragonblooded game. We'll be using the preview of What Fire Has Wrought.. I don't require anyone else to have access to that as I can make it available to the people I select to play. For now I want a post containing your character concept, a description and/or picture of your character and a rough hack at any background characters they may have as well as at least 4 intimacies that follow the standard solar character creation rules for intimacies.

Additionally keep in mind that these will be more advanced characters. Either more experienced or more talented. Starting Essence will be 2 and there will either be more bonus points, more character creation points/charms, a pool of starting xp, or some mix of these. For now though I'll be taking players based on the above concept/description/intimacies.

Last, please include a preference for which direction you would like to play in.

I'm looking for 3-5 players, and no particular preference about aspects or roll so long as the characters feel like they'll work well together.

Once I've selected players I'll get more into the specifics of building the characters with everyone, including getting them access to the resources needed to make DBs as well as a bit of personal attention/brainstorming if its wanted.

Last edited by dunecat; Sep 16 '18 at 7:00am..
so this is right after the Uspurpation, during Fairfolk invasion and the great contagion right? Before the scarlet empress activating the sword of creation?

Your correct about most of that.. except for the 'right after the Usurpation' part. There was at least a few thousand years worth of the Shogunate between the fall of the Solar Deliberative and the Great Contagion

oh right....thanks for clearing up that part of history.

Were they doing Wyld Hunts on solars in those days?

Yep! The whole Immaculate Philosophy thing was created by the Sidereals, though most Hunts are on the 'Silver Anathema' considering most Solars are still trapped in the Jade Prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunecat View Post
Yep! The whole Immaculate Philosophy thing was created by the Sidereals, though most Hunts are on the 'Silver Anathema' considering most Solars are still trapped in the Jade Prison.
To be fair to the Wyld Hunt, there's also demons escaping in Creation.

The Hunt was also responsible for bringing the hammer down of uppity gods as well. Which is probably where the bulk of their duties ended up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunecat View Post
The Hunt was also responsible for bringing the hammer down of uppity gods as well. Which is probably where the bulk of their duties ended up.
That, and ghosts, and Fae, and undead. And yeah, that's quite likely to be where the bulk of their obligations were.
And also likely to be why they're reputed for efficacity, which would probably be less stellar if they were hunting Lunars all the time.

BTW, I'm considering applying. But since I'm in a Develop In Play mood, I wonder how likely I am to actually get Chosen.
One question, though, how many characters can we apply with?

Oh damn, an Exalted game? Done! Are you still taking any apps, or has that point gone? If not, lemme take a day or two to get my timelines in order (been a hot minute since I've had a chance to play Exalted), and I'll shoot you a concept. And if not...well, if an opening comes up, keep me in mind haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valsai View Post
Oh damn, an Exalted game? Done! Are you still taking any apps, or has that point gone? If not, lemme take a day or two to get my timelines in order (been a hot minute since I've had a chance to play Exalted), and I'll shoot you a concept. And if not...well, if an opening comes up, keep me in mind haha
I've done my first round of selections, however I didn't fill up the game with them so If you want to you're welcome to join a couple other people in trying for the remaining spot. The timeline starts the game in the moment described in the ad. A pitched battle with the Fae has ended, and Creation has recently be wracked by the Contagion. The Shogunate has fallen and the players will be left to pick up the pieces. Also, we've finalised our location as the southern coast of the Dreaming Sea if that has any bearing.