Call the Priest! - Myth-Weavers

Call the Priest!

Old Mar 16 '18, 6:57pm
Great Wyrm

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Call the Priest!

Adventurer's League: Lost Mine of Phandelver - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

The party needs a moral center to avoid going full murder hobo.
Accepting all manner of clerics, paladins, celestial warlocks, even a bard with morals.
Using adventure league creation rules, only looking for 1 character to replace a dropout.

Game Description:

Adventure Background
Lost Mine of Phandelver
More than five hundred years ago, clans of Dwarves and Gnomes made an agreement known as the Phandelver's Pact, by which they would share a rich mine in a wondrous cavern known as Wave Echo Cave. In addition to its mineral wealth, the mine contained great magical power. Human spellcasters allied themselves with the Dwarves and Gnomes to channel and bind that energy into a great forge (called the Forge Of Spells), where magic items could be crafted. Times were good, and the nearby human town of Phandalin prospered as well. But then disaster struck when Orcs swept through the North and laid waste to all in their path.

A powerful force of Orcs reinforced by evil mercenary wizards attacked Wave Echo Cave to seize its riches and magic treasures. Human wizards fought alongside their Dwarf and Gnome allies to defend the Forge Of Spells, and the ensuing spell battle destroyed much of the cavern. Few survived the cave-in and tremors, and the location of Wave Echo Cave was lost.

For centuries, rumors of buried riches have attracted treasure seekers and opportunists to the area around Phandalin, but no-one has ever succeeded in locating the lost mine. In recent years, people have resettled the area. Phandalin is now a rough-and-tumble frontier town.

Adventurers NeededWho will come along?
  • 4-7 Level 1 adventurers (ideally 5 if it's balanced)
  • Who have never played this adventure before.
  • Who can get on board with "cliche'd" or somewhat predictable adventures, who play for the love of the adventure not how much they can sandbox around.

A pastor will have a priest app tomorrow.

Here is something. Thinking domains of Life and Forge.

Anna Crimsonblade
Dwarven Cleric 1 NG

AC 14 HP 11 Speed 25ft

Str 13 (1) Dex 8 (-1) Con 14 (2) Wis 16 (3) Int 10 (0) Cha 14 (2)

Attacks
unarmed +3 1+1
Warhammer +3 1d8+1 bludgeoning

go ahead to the Replacements tab under Characters in the game forum and copy the formatting of the sample app if you'd like to apply.

Monks and holy Sorcerers would also be acceptable just would like somebody to foil against/cast guilt upon the party when they do things like feed dead enemies to wolves. the healing/casting abilities would be secondary to the roleplaying feel i'm going for

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfarley
to foil against/cast guilt upon the party when they do things like feed dead enemies to wolves
oh come on... it worked, didn't it?

I might go to the Divine Sorcerers. Let me work on that for a little bit here.