Anime / Manga - Page 149 - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Anime / Manga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Holy Wor View Post
After the eyesore that was the last foray into berserk with the 2016-2017 series. I'd rather just about every studio stay away from berserk.
Well ontop of the last version of berserk being pretty terrible.
Let's just address this ideal of berserk and a castlevania crossover..

That sounds massively stupid.
Note to get to edgy, but that sounds like the kind of thing that fans who don't pay attention would get excited for..

Let's just point out the biggest issue....

Castlevania is set on earth...
Berserk is not. A crossover would make no sense and be massively dumb.

At this point, I kind of also just want people to leave Berserk alone for a while... like 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainsEyePatch View Post
At this point, I kind of also just want people to leave Berserk alone for a while... like 10 years.
Oh, is that when the next chapter comes out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainsEyePatch View Post
Let's just address this ideal of berserk and a castlevania crossover..
That sounds massively stupid.
Not to get to edgy, but that sounds like the kind of thing that fans who don't pay attention would get excited for..
Let's just point out the biggest issue....
Castlevania is set on earth...
Berserk is not. A crossover would make no sense and be massively dumb.

Cross-overs, even when they make little sense in the grander scheme in terms of setting or plot, happen all the bloody time. Just look at Marvel and DC comics, for starters. Or even Pathfinder! However, most of these cross-overs tend to be non-canonical, and more just for fun.

In that sense, I wouldn't mind a Berserk x Castlevania story. Assuming it wasn't canon (to avoid angry fan-boy rage) and well done.

Yeah it's not supposed to be a cross over lol. It's supposed to be created by the same person who made the new Castlevania Netflix series that looks great. My only complaint it seemed rushed to me and I don't want that happening (again) to Berserk.

I know it's not top-tier manga, but I'm so glad World Trigger is finally back. The hiatus took far longer than I thought, but Im happy Daisuke Ashihara is well again.

Finally took the time to watch One Punch Man. It surprised me. I thought it was pretty funny.

Catching up with last season's anime, I recently watched all of Irozuku Sekai. It compares very much to another PA Works anime, Glasslip, except worse because Glasslip was so bad at least it was memorable. A few days later, I don't even remember what happened in Irozuku.

@Cyber_Goddess - I don't think so. I just saw it yesterday I think in an email update. So I'm looking forward to seeing a continuation of it.