Players of Older D&D (2e/earlier) and Clones - Page 6 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Players of Older D&D (2e/earlier) and Clones

Wynteriii if I see any games post I will PM you. They are pretty few and far between. LL has been the king of OD&D here over the last couple years, But I think nearly all, except my LL and your Bf, are Red Box right now.

The thing I really love about BF is that it is so simple, even when compared to LL and Red Box. I have run it with selected supplements and core only and both work very well. I would encourage you to let Solo know if you have any issues with supplements. I don't think a lot of the sups get much play testing.

BW, I have been watching a of ToEE using LL over on the mayhem forums. They have been at it for a couple years now and they are in the temple itself I think.

My game Basic Adventures is similar. We get together to play a couple times a year but even when we are in the same room we use computers to keep notes and roll dice on the thread so that it is all there. Things go a lot faster when every one is sitting in the same room for sure. We have gone through Horror on the Hill (a 100+ room dungeon) and are currently working on JD Neal's Dreaded Island.

Hello to all here.

I've played some of all of these types (including a few clones that may never become popular). Glad to see that there are quite a few who like the old school game style.

Add me to this list (PM's are fine)

You may add me to the list as well. I am in one of Magius's games and will be taking over an NPC for him.
I like most of the games, red box, 1st ed, 2nd ed, star frontiers whatever I can usually find the books at someone's house.
PMing me is fine.

Added Fisher and JC.

Fisher: Hey! Quit slapping my clone man. At least we did find that we didn't really like playing it. Lotsa hours down the drain.

JC: I think Mag is a she.

@Blk Wyvern- are you sure? I just went and looked and you are right! For some reason I thought she was a he. Go figure I am not paying attention

I would like to see a Keep on the Borderlands game put up on the boards. For me I have never been through it as a player and would love to give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Wyvern View Post
My game Basic Adventures is similar. We get together to play a couple times a year but even when we are in the same room we use computers to keep notes and roll dice on the thread so that it is all there. Things go a lot faster when every one is sitting in the same room for sure. We have gone through Horror on the Hill (a 100+ room dungeon) and are currently working on JD Neal's Dreaded Island.
Cool. I might have to look at that for another adventure. Never really done a sea adventure yet with basic fantasy.

I'll put myself on the list as an OD&D-phile, though I am currently full up on games.