Notices

AD&D 2e Spanish Conquest Setting

Old Dec 11 '18, 8:48pm
Morninglord

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
AD&D 2e Spanish Conquest Setting

Age of Exploitation - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons (AD&D) and clones

A game for those wishing to play AD&D as an Aztec in the times of Montezuma II and Hernando CortÚs, Age of Exploitation borrows themes from the Maztica setting. It is set in early 1519, during the invasion of the Aztec Empire, and the Maztica kits, Pluma, and Hishna will be available for PCs. Non-Aztec characters will be considered should there be a good enough explanation, and if you have any questions, feel free to message me.

Note: This game is not intended to be 100% historically accurate, and will be portrayed from the Aztec characters' points of view.

Game Description:

It's May of 1519, five years after the witnessing of eight bad omens, including those seen by the emperor Montezuma himself, and news has just come of strangers with pale skin and beards, many of whom ride strange beasts much larger than the biggest deer. There's speculation that the reincarnated Quetzalcoatl himself leads these men, and that he has come home to either bring peace or to destroy everything. And, there are whispers that they are aligning themselves with those rebels who worship Quetzalcoatl in Cholula.

Originally Posted by Popestar View Post
You have zero character creation rules posted in the forum?
Oh, sorry. I haven't really seen how other games are set up before. I'll post them

Sounds interesting, I might be interested! AD&D 2e right? Are you using Legends and Lore 2e for deities? Thinking of a cleric possibly, let me know thanks.
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus37 View Post
Sounds interesting, I might be interested! AD&D 2e right? Are you using Legends and Lore 2e for deities?
Nope! I'm researching authentic Aztec deities so that it can be more realistic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus37 View Post
Thinking of a cleric possibly, let me know thanks.
Mike
A cleric would be plenty fine, though I am making specialty priests of the aforementioned deities. The biggest concern for a cleric is that this game will not be undead-oriented. Suspending realism for narrative purposes, priests of a good god may choose to perform blood sacrifices from themselves and/or willing participants rather than sacrifice lives.