Help me delete clutter please - Myth-Weavers

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Help me delete clutter please

Help me delete clutter please

My Browser Information: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 11_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.0 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1

Relevant Links: (Copy and paste links to what it is you're talking about here)
Referrer: https://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Message: I have several threads in my game that I have managed to soft delete but I canít seem to figure out how to delete them forever. Please help me de clutter my game forum.

I don't think you CAN delete them forever. what I usually do is merge the threads together so it's just one massive deleted thread hanging out in an archive sub.

Only staff can perma-delete posts/threads - and even we don't except in very special cases because it can seriously mess up the DB.

Merging into a single deleted thread is a possibility but can be a lot of effort.
Another is to create a dedicated threadgroup (i.e. one you don't use for anything else, e.g. "z_Junk", to put it at the very end of the list) and put all deleted threads there.

You can also just choose to not see them. On your user control panel, go to "edit options" and at the bottom select the 'no' radial. Deleted theads will then be invisible to you. If you have to go back and manage them you can always switch it back on. I have the same idiosyncrasy so turning that off gave me peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penchant View Post
You can also just choose to not see them. On your user control panel, go to "edit options" and at the bottom select the 'no' radial. Deleted theads will then be invisible to you. If you have to go back and manage them you can always switch it back on. I have the same idiosyncrasy so turning that off gave me peace of mind.
Excellent idea, I found it, turned it to ďnoĒ. It didnít work

You may need to clear your cache or clear cookies before you see the change...