Anybody out there playing The Strange? - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Anybody out there playing The Strange?

Anybody out there playing The Strange?

Rather than trying to sort through thousands of old threads, I am starting this new one.

I recently picked up a copy of the Players Guide to The Strange. While I love the concept, while uncertain about some of the rules, I have to ask myself is it worth buying the Core rules if nobody is playing it. I am aware it is based on Monte Cook's Numenera, but I am interested in the premise, more than the system. I do not really have time in my life to run a campaign myself, so I am calling out to Weavers to see what is out there, on this site or others.

Please feel free to respond here or send me a PM.

I have a pdf of the core rulebook of The Strange, and both the pdf and hard cover copy of Numenera. I definitely love both settings, as well as the simple to learn and play Cypher System. It's definitely not as popular as D&D or Pathfinder, but its becoming more well known. It has Monte Cook at the helm, so there is quality.

Well there appears to be someone willing to run a game of this here on the site. Pleased to see it, but feel free to continue to post here with more comments.