Blindspot - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Blindspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khakhan View Post
Not all of the secrets no, but it was fairly weak as far as secrets go. Congrats, that dude trained her and erased her memories. Who is that guy? Like, not in the grand scheme of things, but what is his name? They didn't even give us that. Why the blazes do I care about "Bearded Man 1"?

Compare to something like the Pilot episode of Arrow. There's that whole confusion of who kidnapped Queen after he got back from the island getting you wondering why someone would care about whether his dad bit it on the boat. Then as the closing "Oh my God" moment, we discover That's a surprising twist/revelation, that doesn't give away a whole bunch of the plot and yet was fairly considerable on its own.
I don't know...maybe were supposed to find things out as she remembers them. Novel idea I know for a show about an amnesiac.

As for Arrow, I actually didn't know who it was that was responsible for his kidnapping. The show didn't really catch me until second season. I found S1 rather dull, myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate71 View Post
I don't know...maybe were supposed to find things out as she remembers them. Novel idea I know for a show about an amnesiac.
I'm not saying, nor have I said, tell us all the secrets right now. In fact, I've said the opposite. All I said, was for the portion of the show where you reveal an important secret, it should A) be something that we haven't figured out already and B) actually be important to us at that time, not 6 or 7 episodes down the line where I am bored of waiting for the plot to happen.

The reveal towards the end only showed us two bits of information. 1) She knew the mysterious man who we all had probably figured out had something to do with her amnesia and the tattoos, at least if you'd been paying half an iota to what had been happening on the show and 2) She willingly took the drug that made her forget, which let's be honest, isn't much of a reveal as there were only ever going to be 2 real choices on that one, either she did it willingly, or she didn't (in a variety of ways). For 1 they could have at least given a name to attach to the man. As it is, he's only referred to as "Ruggedly Handsome Man" in the credits/cast list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khakhan View Post
I'm not saying, nor have I said, tell us all the secrets right now. In fact, I've said the opposite. All I said, was for the portion of the show where you reveal an important secret, it should A) be something that we haven't figured out already and B) actually be important to us at that time, not 6 or 7 episodes down the line where I am bored of waiting for the plot to happen.

The reveal towards the end only showed us two bits of information. 1) She knew the mysterious man who we all had probably figured out had something to do with her amnesia and the tattoos, at least if you'd been paying half an iota to what had been happening on the show and 2) She willingly took the drug that made her forget, which let's be honest, isn't much of a reveal as there were only ever going to be 2 real choices on that one, either she did it willingly, or she didn't (in a variety of ways). For 1 they could have at least given a name to attach to the man. As it is, he's only referred to as "Ruggedly Handsome Man" in the credits/cast list.
I'm not really sure how I am supposed to respond to this. Because, it seems that you are a person who, by your own admission, gets bored pretty easy with stories that don't fit your ideal paradigm.

Three very important things about her background come out in the episode;
-Jane is highly trained...SEAL level.
-Jane allowed herself to be tattooed
-Jane allowed herself to be drugged

And she has remembered the face of, at least one person, who trained her. What difference does it make that after one episode we only have "Ruggedly Handsome Man" to work with as identifier? Besides how does that really help her anyway, as RHM probably used an alias whenever dealing with her...maybe she didn't even know his name. Why is it so important that the audience have a neat little, and separate way to ID the guy?

I think those 4 clues are a pretty good start for a Pilot episode.

Not so much bored by things not in an ideal paradigm as not needlessly extending mystery until it gets to a ridiculous degree. And no, I'm not saying that 1 episode is a ridiculous length to keep secrets. I just think it is weird that in the first episode, nothing is really baiting the hook for later stuff.

Pretty much the only real reveal is that Jane can kick some ass. And let's be honest, in a meta sense, that was a given, she's played by Jaimie Alexander, whose most famous role is about 90% kicking ass. The other two were again fairly easy to guess (1 of 2 options for each is pretty much on the nose).

As for naming the RHM, the first thing that pops to mind is the Bourne movies/books. They name drop Treadstone/Blackbriar fairly early in the project with the reveal not until much later, but we have the name to work with as he spends most of the movie(s) asking about the name. RHM we don't even have that, just "guy with beard and hair!" which is kind of vague. Even if she remembered calling him, I dunno, "Colin" or something, that's still a name to work with, even if it is an alias.

I mean, IMO, Episode 2 had a better "Wait, what" with the scar making Weller think she might be someone important from his past. THAT'S something to make me want to see the next episode.

I'd actually forgotten about the scar, thanks for the remind. Personally, I look forward to a slow burn on any major reveals (I could wait until the season end for any reveal on Mr. X). I don't find having pretty much everything dropped in my lap in the first 5 episodes, then having to make sense of that dog's breakfast from that point on. Keep the flow of clues consistent and I'll keep coming back.

Bumping since Season 2 premiered last night.

Without any spoilers.

Last nights premiere was amazing. It really has me thinking and the titles and anagrams is pretty much the fun way to spend a day deciphering it. Was overjoyed when I heard that one of my favorite actors was going to be a part of the Blindspot family (Luke Mitchell). I can say that I am hooked still. Trying to figure everything out from her tattoos and what happened last night. Wanted to know if anyone else felt like I do. That this is an amazing show with amazing writers and talented cast and crew.