Suicide Squad-the movie - Page 3 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Suicide Squad-the movie

Except the Joker is the exact opposite type of person you want on a covert mission team. The guy is so bat S**t crazy he'd push the button on his own kill switch.

I think that's what Vader was saying. Everyone is assuming he is ON the team. What if he is WHO the team is fighting against? That makes me less mystified about that character being in the movie, but there's still the casting choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate71 View Post
Except the Joker is the exact opposite type of person you want on a covert mission team. The guy is so bat S**t crazy he'd push the button on his own kill switch.
Yeah, because
this guy is super covert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_Goddess View Post
I don't recall the Joker ever being a member...but...

I know HARLEY QUINN was once a member, so I have to question why they don't just use her.
They do, actually. The first Harley, to my knowledge, to be played in live action will be portrayed by Margot Robbie. At least in terms of appearance she seems to fit quite well, so that's nice. We'll see how she does with Harley's childlike, joyfully homicidal persona.

Will Smith is an odd casting of Deadshot. Not just in terms of visual similarity to the original character, from the films I've seen I can't recall Smith playing a character who's quite as... sober and collected. Will Smith tends to do well in more expressive roles.

What I suprised me is why Tom Hardy keeps getting cast as these lantern-jawed strongmen in DC films. With all respect for his acting skills, he just doesn't have the face for it. It was onscured by 'the mask' for the Batman film, but here... I'd expect someone who looks more like a younger Dolph Lundgren for Flag.

The rest of the cast: they look the part, but I can't think of any truly memorable performances, so we'll see if they can play the part. I for one am optimistic.

EDIT: Come to think of it, simply reversing Hardy's and Smith's roles may be an improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchslasher View Post
Yeah, because
this guy is super covert
Is that Black Shark? Yeah, you see to me Suicide Squad is the original 8 member Squad.

I wouldn't blame any actor on a bad movie. I get why they got Will Smith to do deadshot, he's funny, so is deadshot... oh wait that is deadpool, did someone get them mixing up?

Unless they are going to have him do his AE persona... ugh I hope not.

Will Smith's "wheel house" is that wise cracking funny-man action hero he played in Independence Day. Or Bad Boys. Or the Fresh Prince. Or Men in Black. or Wild West.

I don't know if Will Smith has the range to play Deadshot.

He did do Seven Pounds and I Am Legend, though, so he doesn't have to be a funny-man action hero.
But I share your concerns.

I am cautiously optimistic.

I've always been a DC person over Marvel, so it has been a rough going with their cinematic universe. I like the Nolan trilogy alright, though I wasn't a huge fan of Rises and thought that by the end of if Batman was just overshadowed by all of his villains.

That though, kind of gives me a bit of hope for this movie. They certainly picked some of my favorite villains, though I do wonder if the Joker will be the villain or not. I actually wanted to see Smith as the Black Manta. Would have been cool to see them investing in the Aquaman mythology and setting that up a bit, and I think Smith has the chops to pull of a strong and lead role as a villain. Deadshot can work too though.

For me the only poor choice is Jai Courtney as Boomerang. God that guy must have the best agent in all of hollywood. He keeps appearing in huge blockbusters that don't do so hot at the box office, and downright suck in terms of quality, but his career just keeps ticking on.

"For me the only poor choice is Jai Courtney as Boomerang. God that guy must have the best agent in all of hollywood. He keeps appearing in huge blockbusters that don't do so hot at the box office..."

Doesn't bode well for the new Terminator movie then.