Suicide Squad-the movie - Page 4 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Suicide Squad-the movie

I don't think the trailer for that one looked promising at all. What a terrible as too. Genisys or something equally mispelled to look cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fell View Post
I don't think the trailer for that one looked promising at all. What a terrible as too. Genisys or something equally mispelled to look cool.
And still I await this with more anticipation, then seeing what Jar Jar Abrams does to Star Wars.

Someone in another site said that this is how fans would see the joker, not how the joker would see himself. I kinda agree with that. I don't mind the tattoos for the most part except the one in the head. That just feels plain wrong. And then there are those things on his teeth. I can't recall the name (English is not my native language), but I don't think the joker has even wore one of these. It just ruins his iconic smile.

Still this not the finished look, so I guess we'll wait and see.

I personally think the 'Damaged' tattooed on Joker's head is perfect. DC could have it done in the comics and I would not question it in any way. I do find the teeth grills a bit off-putting though, but then that might have been the point to begin with.

Though I'm really not "offended" with the new rendition of the Joker for this movie I am also not sure why they did it either. However, my over all question is why is the Joker in this movie to begin with?

There is a rumor that the tattoos aren't on the character in the moive, they were just for this 75th anniversary (which is why they're all things directly out of comics)

In terms of why he's in the movie, my guess is that DC doesn't have enough faith in the character line up of Suicide Squad so they wanted someone recognizable to those beyond just comic book fans..

I agree with Witchslasher, though the possibility to have their own GotG would have helped I think. DC would not go for a direct comparison exactly, but having some lesser known villains would have been worth the risk.

And even if the tattoos were simply for the 'Killing Joke' homage and 75th anniversary, I think they should keep the Damaged on his forehead. Now that you mention it though, the one on his abdomen does seem suspicious.