Suicide Squad-the movie - Page 5 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Suicide Squad-the movie

My overall question is "Is the Joker the main villain of the piece?" Because, he is way too much of a loose cannon to be a member of a government hit squad...even ones made up of criminally insane individuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihong View Post
I actually like the false teeth; if you got punched by Batman enough times, you'd probably need some dental repair too.
Quite true! xD

Is that Harley Quinn? Didn't think we'd be seeing her, suddenly the Joker being the villain makes a lot of sense. I could see her being called in as a desperate measure against a madman.

Wasn't Harley Quinn like one of the first cast members announced for the movie? Besides she's been/was (I haven't been keeping up) all over the new 52s Suicide Squad, so it isn't really a surprise.

Truthfully I'm more surprised by Katana's appearance. Was she ever a part of the Suicide Squad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khakhan View Post
Wasn't Harley Quinn like one of the first cast members announced for the movie? Besides she's been/was (I haven't been keeping up) all over the new 52s Suicide Squad, so it isn't really a surprise.

Truthfully I'm more surprised by Katana's appearance. Was she ever a part of the Suicide Squad?
This shows how little attention I've been paying attention to this movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khakhan View Post
Quickly checking up on the DC Comics Database, it appears she aided them during one mission, but she wasn't actually part of the Squad. So that's odd. But maybe they wanted someone who was a little bit more noble to counteract all the villainy?

The whole lineup seems fairly odd to me. But, then, if you're going to go the route where members of the Suicide Squad can actually die, you need to throw in some more expendable members (hello, Slipknot and El Diablo). I think it's a fair bet that over half that cast photo won't survive the film. And the Joker's lack of inclusion in it seems to further indicate he's the antagonist.

hope the movie turns out good. I'm not expecting much out of Batman vs Superman, it would be nice to get at least one good dc movie since Dark Knight.

DC doesn't stand a chance until WB (or whoever has it now, I can't keep up) gives up control. They're "avoid humor at all costs" and "make everyone dark and gritty, even the polar opposite character Superman" decrees are going to keep sucking out any and all awesomeness from their movies.