Cyber_Goddess's Game Reviews - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Creative Corner

Post your creative works here and show off your talent!

Cyber_Goddess's Game Reviews

Funnily enough that still makes you more qualified than I for I have newer had such a course. This said, my personal rule is that a block of text should not take up more than 4-5 rows. And after that I'll either add a paragraph break (new line AND a blank line in between) or at least find some convenient place to spread it out a bit with a new line with no blank in between like I am doing right now.
Of course, some times you do have to go over that because you need to finish a thought. But that's where I start asking my self "do I really need this many words to say this thing?"

Alright, apparently all the Fallout 4 talk, ticked off Landid to the point where he gifted me Darkest Dungeon. Either out of charity or out of some twisted payback for the endless talking I did about Fallout 4.

Installing currently. Review will be out.....well....whenever I eventually finish it.

This might take a while, just saying.

Skyrim Review was put on the back-burner for now. Also working on a less 'achievement based' review of Fallout 4, now that I've gotten a decent way into my 3rd playthrough and have started to form my own opinions on the non-achievement stuff. The first review was mostly a 'look I actually played it' thing for Landid, but the second might be more in-depth look at the gameplay mechanics or stuff I think other reviewers might have missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural19 View Post
I talk to Landid quite a bit, on a discord server, so I'd guess charity. But I may be wrong. Have fun!
Okay, in all seriousness, I'm pretty certain it was charity. The joke was more well.....it's Darkest Dungeon. You know, hard game and all that. So I was joking that it was 'payback' for all the Fallout 4 talk.

In all honesty, I appreciate the gift. It was from the humble bundle, and he's told me he wants nothing back money wise. I mostly do these reviews because well, partly it gives me something to work towards, a goal, and it shows I do appreciate the gifts and such.

I have the first few paragraphs of the Skyrim Review done, I'll post a preview of it in a second.

Note: This is a rough draft and preview of the Skyrim Review. That currently only makes it to the opening town. Also note that this review will contain spoilers for the entire game. If you don't want spoilers...well quite frankly I wonder where you've been the last 6 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_Goddess View Post
Whether they be Obsidian's kind with their focus on role-playing and character building with complex plots, or Bethesda's kind with their focus on exploration and wandering the world at large.
Quite frankly, I think you've hit the nail on the head on the two's differences. I love them both, for different reasons, but I can see why some would hate Bethesda. Their specific strengths in story telling are different.

Quote:
Quite frankly, I think you've hit the nail on the head on the two's differences. I love them both, for different reasons, but I can see why some would hate Bethesda. Their specific strengths in story telling are different.
Thank you.

Also I have moved the Fallout 4 essay to the third post (My apologies PPQ), and have reserved the 1st post for update statuses and such. There are currently 4 projects in process.

My current goal is around 3 hours of gaming in those games a day. It doesn't always happen, but part of the problem about my review style is that it sometimes requires 'careful planning' of a playthrough in order to not screw myself into having to play the game all over again for the sake of a single achievement. I plan to have an essay up soon describing my 'Number Scale' as well as the rules and explanation for said rules when it comes to 'achievement reviews' and so on.

My writing goals right now is the Rules Essay, followed by Darkest Dungeon Base Game or Skyrim, followed by hopefully either the Crimson Court DLC for Darkest Dungeon or the Fallout 4 Non-achievement review, since I think we've had enough Fallout 4 talk for a while.

Well I am enjoying it so far. It's weird because I generally hate reviews for games. Maybe it's because it doesn't seem like you've been paid for a favorable review?

Quote:
Well I am enjoying it so far. It's weird because I generally hate reviews for games. Maybe it's because it doesn't seem like you've been paid for a favorable review?
It's mostly because I'm not attempting to get you to buy it, is my guess. It's literally just a walkthrough of how I got the achievement followed by some final thoughts.

Personally I think you're going to like the long rant about achievements 3 and 4 in Skyrim.