It's About Time for D&D Canada, eh?

Old Jun 29 '19, 9:41am
Great Wyrm

Mentioned: 1693 Post(s)
It's About Time for D&D Canada, eh?

Canada After the Apocalypse - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

Greetings, one and all!

Thank you in advance for taking a boo about this advert.

The Premise

It's Summer 2019. Life is grand, though there's an increase in severe weather and forest fires as well as a federal election looming in October. Most importantly, one of your ancestors exists at this point in time.

Ancestors, you ask? How is that important?

Rather than starting by building a PC, all players will begin by participating in solo games with myself. Over the course of 1-2 months we'll create an outline of a family tree with important / relevant details regarding your PC's lineage, all of which begins with your distant relative that was alive in Summer 2019. Once this phase of the game is complete, we'll be diving straight into your PC and their allies.

What can you tell me about the game itself?

The game will focus largely on: Exploration (may include puzzles), then Social Interaction and, lastly, Combat.

The actual timeframe that the game takes place in will be untold years in the future, though the game's story officially begins in Summer 2019.

Where do I sign up?

More information is available in the Forum, but here's the skinny:

Setting: Post-Apocalyptic Canadian Homebrew, eh?
Application Deadline: July 27
Combat: Theatre of the Mind and/or Google Drawings (w/pics in posts)
Game Updates: Tuesdays and either Fridays or Saturdays
Posting Frequency: Minimum of twice per week
Seats Available: Up to 12, initially... maybe more (attrition *le sigh*)
Sources allowed: Not important initially, but will eventually include access to the following:

GGR
Grung
MToF
PHB
SCAG
Tortle Package
UA Ranger
Volo's
WGtE

There will also be allowances made for reflavouring (eg. animals vs small races, descended from "x", genetically spliced, mutated, etc.)

Game Description:

Homebrew setting.
Sandbox world (to a large extent) that focuses more on player agency than railroading.

Last edited by QuirkyJoe; Jun 30 '19 at 6:44am..
So... geographically speaking, where in Canada will this be located? If you say 'In Canada' I will personally climb out of my igloo, get on my Polarbear, find you, and hand deliver a sternly written letter while also apologising.

And I will check his letter to ensure that he wrote it in both of Canada’s official languages; or in Quebec, only French. Upon seeing that everything checks out, I will congratulate him, thank you both for your time, and return to having pulled pork and grilled cheese with cast members of Road to Avonlea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunecat View Post
So... geographically speaking, where in Canada will this be located? If you say 'In Canada' I will personally climb out of my igloo, get on my Polarbear, find you, and hand deliver a sternly written letter while also apologising.
Oh my...

Well, then... looks like I should be anticipating a Polar Express letter any day now (thanks a lot, Canada Post *shakes fist*).

Though you do have me thinking... maybe we need to make some homebrew backgrounds for this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireinthedust View Post
And I will check his letter to ensure that he wrote it in both of Canada’s official languages; or in Quebec, only French. Upon seeing that everything checks out, I will congratulate him, thank you both for your time, and return to having pulled pork and grilled cheese with cast members of Road to Avonlea.
*slaps knee* *spills drying* starts wiping eyes*

Ah, Road to Avonlea...

...and let's not forget the Fois Gras Double Down...

I've been thinking about this, and I have a perfect character in mjnd. I just have to translate Zap Rowsdower into a 5e paladin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calrond View Post
I've been thinking about this, and I have a perfect character in mjnd. I just have to translate Zap Rowsdower into a 5e paladin...
Actually, he does kinda look like your average 80's Canadian...