Eversky: Eye of the Abyss - A Heroic Fantasy Steampunk Adventure - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Eversky: Eye of the Abyss - A Heroic Fantasy Steampunk Adventure

Old Sep 1 '10, 9:46pm
Elder Dragon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Closed Game

Closed Game - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 4e

Closed Game

Last edited by BadDecisionDino; Jun 20 '19 at 10:44pm..
Oh this looks sweet! Expressing interest and starting my app.

Name: Arahm Al'Zarim

Race: Eladrin

Archetype: A veteran Sky Captain out of retirement to right wrongs.

Potential Classes: Swordmage, Artificer, Swordmage|Artificer or Swordmage|Wizard

Description: Arahm is a distinguished gentleman, usually dressed in fine attire. While he is blessed with the youthful appearance of most Eladrin his gray hair has dulled and begun to show his age.

Background: Where is your character from, and what events, people, or ideas have influenced his or her development?

Personality: This should be pretty detailed. The game hinges on your interactions and also your own moral choices. In particular, ask yourself the following questions (these are by no means exclusive):

*What are your character’s defining virtues and vices? (I don’t care about D&D’s alignment system here.)
*Their likes and dislikes?
*Their moral limits?
*What makes them angry?
*If your character had godlike power what would they change? How would they change?
*What is justice for your character?
*Do they have a code of some sort?
*How do they react under stress?
*What do they respect in others?
*What do they expect from themselves?

Friends: Describe at least one NPC who is a friend to your character. What do they do? How are they like?

Enemies: Describe at least one person your character dislikes; a rival, a wronged party, or just someone who rubs you the wrong way. Why do the two dislike one another?

Signifigant Others: Odds are you have one (or at least a crush of some sort if your character is really young). Describe them. How is your relationship?

Family: Describe your family. Maybe you have children of your own, and you almost certainly have siblings. What is your relationship with your family?

Reflavoring: No reflavoring planned.

Finally, answer these questions: “Why would your character want to join up with the Boreal Consortium for this mission? Did you seek out Boreal himself, or have you done something to get his attention?”

OPTIONAL: Do you have a piece of inspirational art or a song you connect with your character?

Here's my app- please let me know if you have any questions! I am on vacation thursday-tuesday, so I'm unsure of my availability after tomorrow night.

Like I expressed in the planning thread, I would like to play in this game, likely with an Artificer|Runepriest. I'm leaning towards being a "shadier" trader/creator of magitech, by merging the concepts of the arcane and divine runes into a universal art. I do have two questions about the setting though:

Are character themes (like those from dark sun) available for use?
Are revenant (undead made from reanimated members of other races) allowed? If so, what would their optional stat be?

Things are looking good so far. As for Character Themes, I've just finished looking over them, and they seem awfully powerful, more powerful than Multiclassing, even, since you can switch the powers without expending any feats! I would say you can take a Theme at the cost of one Feat, rather than getting it automatically at character creation. Revenants are another race that I'm not really envisioning as part of a player race for the setting.

Also, how do folks feel about a House Rule that allows anyone to sacrifice an Action Point during a short rest in order to regain either one spent Daily power, or 2 Psion Points? Something to extend the ability of a group to keep on fighting without always stopping for Daily Rests just because you blew your powers, even though you still have more than half your healing surges.

Okay, I'll make one exception for someone wanting to play a revenant as a Frankenstein-like flesh construct who's risen from some mad scientist's lab, but realize that, just like Frankenstein's monster, you're likely going to get run the hell out of town on friggin' sight. Your first score will be Con. Your secondary score may be that of whichever race you choose for your Past Life feature (which in this case, I guess would be whichever race makes up the majority if your body parts).

Themes I think are made for Dark Sun type setting- where it's more gloom and doom- they may be even more powerful than a single feat- you get a free encounter that scales up with your level in addition to alternate power choices.

The houserule is fine, I think. I've made some edits to my application- do you want me to repost or just keep editing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDecisionDino View Post
Things are looking good so far. As for Character Themes, I've just finished looking over them, and they seem awfully powerful, more powerful than Multiclassing, even, since you can switch the powers without expending any feats! I would say you can take a Theme at the cost of one Feat, rather than getting it automatically at character creation. Revenants are another race that I'm not really envisioning as part of a player race for the setting.
First let me say that I really love Themes.

The thing about themes is that they are literally something for nothing: a deliberate power-up of Dark Sun characters that extends from first level to epic tier. I'm not sure that a feat slot alone is enough of a compensation for the encounter power (and subsequent free power-swapping) that they grant.

The other problem is that they are awfully Dark Sun specific. Well you can reflavor anything that's not a race essentially, but allowing the DS Themes kind of begs for homebrew Themes for Eversky based on the limited number that yet exist. If that's not a road you want to go down at this point, perhaps you might wish to reconsider allowing them (although I would certainly enjoy crafting a theme for my own character that the DM is then at liberty to approve, I'm not sure that's a great approach either).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDD
Also, how do folks feel about a House Rule that allows anyone to sacrifice an Action Point during a short rest in order to regain either one spent Daily power, or 2 Psion Points? Something to extend the ability of a group to keep on fighting without always stopping for Daily Rests just because you blew your powers, even though you still have more than half your healing surges.
How would the 2 Power Point thing work? Those are an encounter resource anyway.

Im leaning towards a male seeker. the picture i found definitely had something to do with my choice. their backgrounds are mostly the same, except for how they got to the consortium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark080matter View Post
How would the 2 Power Point thing work? Those are an encounter resource anyway.
You're right, Psionics have their own Daily Powers to worry about. Scratch that last part of the rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef33 View Post
Themes I think are made for Dark Sun type setting- where it's more gloom and doom- they may be even more powerful than a single feat- you get a free encounter that scales up with your level in addition to alternate power choices.

The houserule is fine, I think. I've made some edits to my application- do you want me to repost or just keep editing?
Keep working in the one post. I'll get around to making a thread in the game forums for Final Drafts.