Eversky: Eye of the Abyss - A Heroic Fantasy Steampunk Adventure - Page 4 - Myth-Weavers

Eversky: Eye of the Abyss - A Heroic Fantasy Steampunk Adventure

Old Sep 1 '10, 9:46pm
Elder Dragon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Closed Game

Closed Game - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 4e

Closed Game

Last edited by BadDecisionDino; Jun 20 '19 at 10:44pm..
Last question before making the character: I know that I'm leaning towards Eladrin very strongly at the moment for my concept, but are there Changelings in this setting? I hadn't seen mention of them in the other threads.

Also, from Dark Sun, would you be allowing Wild Talents? I'm primarily asking this because of the "Mental Tools" cantrip, largely for flavor reasons for the artificer part of the concept.

Themes, to me at least- are a something for nothing deal. It gives you a free scaleable power, extra power selections, and opens up new paragon paths.

It's definitely more powerful than a feat, but less powerful than a full paragon path itself. A few suggestions

1) balance it like multiclass feat options, you take a multiclass "theme" feat to get that first power, then each one after you can take a feat at any level to trade it off.

2) give it to everyone, with no reflavoring. It really hasn't been played yet, so I'm sure certain combos are out there that overshadow others in combination. It might be better to balance it this way. Monsters will be easier to kill.

3) Disallow it completely- if it doesn't fit, why bother with it? If it's for RP purposes, then let each character's background speak for itself, it doesn't necessarily have to have a mechanical benefit.

Those are my few cents.

Hey, Dino, are you ok with us taking canon NPCs as friends/enemies? There are one or two in Illan that I'm interested in, I can name them if you like...

This game sounds great! I'll post up a Warforged Seeker or Ranger (haven't decided yet) when I get the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moral Wiz View Post
Hey, Dino, are you ok with us taking canon NPCs as friends/enemies? There are one or two in Illan that I'm interested in, I can name them if you like...
I hope that's ok..I used one as well...

As of right now, you may not select a Wild Talent or Theme upon Character Creation for free. I am still pondering on Themes.

For those of you interested in Wild Talents, Forbidden Races, Assassins, or Engineering, please see the updated information in the first post.

You may choose canon NPC's as friends, but of course, I'll have final say on just how much you know about them. Again, it's one of those risks you take that could end up coming off as tacky, but might also make your backstory pretty appealing if you pull it off right.

For those of you without the source books for Dark Sun, Forgotten Realms, or Eberron, send me a PM and I'll let you know more about the Dragonmarks, Wild Talents, Spellscar, and "Defiling" features in the source books. I'd rather not put up a big dump of published information on the game ad.