X Marks the Spot - An Ixalan Adventure (Now Accepting Rolled Characters) - Myth-Weavers

X Marks the Spot - An Ixalan Adventure (Now Accepting Rolled Characters)

Old Jul 12 '19, 2:08am
Cognizant Slime

Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
X Marks the Spot - An Ixalan Adventure (Now Accepting Rolled Characters)

X Marks the Spot - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

A prison escape for an unlikely group of heroes turns into a race for an ancient relic sought by the Legion of Dusk. Can you brave the unknown and capture the treasure before the enemy does? This D&D adventure is set on the plane of Ixalan, and uses 4th-level pregenerated characters.

A Plane Shift: Ixalan Adventure for Dungeons & Dragons

ADVENTURE INFORMATION
Ixalan Background:

Ixalan is a land of exploration and discovery. But the Legion of Dusk-a vampire society that formed from an alliance of nobles and the church-has recently arrived from overseas to expand its territories. The legion's army seeks to conquer the island, and the vampires have erected numerous forts in the south. However, their plans have been met with resistance from the inhabitants of Ixalan.

The Sun Empire rules the coast, and has managed to tame dinosaurs enough to work alongside them. Meanwhile, the River Heralds-a loose society of nomadic merfolk tribes-move throughout the interior of Ixalan, at one with nature. These two groups have long held an uneasy accord.

At sea, forces of the piratical Brazen Coalition harry the naval forces of the Legion of Dusk, which make landfall to plunder the bounty of Ixalan as they see fit. But even so, not all vampires view the current ruling establishment as the final authority. The Order of the Five Sacraments, a vampire church sect that believes in establishing a trade relationship with the Sun Empire, hopes to undermine the plans of the would-be conquerors.

Overview:

The Legion of Dusk is ruled by rituals that require its members to feed only from the blood of their foes. As such, the legion fortification known as Conqueror's Foothold houses prisoners-enemies of the state and others deemed ne'er-do-wells-who are slaughtered once every full moon.

At the start of the adventure, the characters and themselves imprisoned at Conqueror's Foothold and scheduled to be executed to feed their captors. Alante, a vampire cleric who administers last rites at the fort, aids them in a prison escape. She belongs to the Order of the Five Sacraments, and has been charged with opposing the aims of the Legion of Dusk.

APPLICATION INFORMATION

Details:

Hi all! This is a per-written short one-shot from wizards that was released with the original Ixalan Magic the Gathering set several years ago now. For this application process, I'm looking to get two groups of four or five to run through the adventure as written with the per-generated characters. So, what does that mean for you the player? That means that there's no character generation for this game.

So lack of demand, demands that I open this up allowing for rolled characters! So, rules for that are in this thread, the second post. However, I will still be trying to run a game with pre-gens, so if that does interest you, you can still apply for that one.

Additional Information

To apply for the game, simply make a thread in the application folder, with your player name in the title, and then in that thread, give me the top three pregens you'd like to play and why. Then answer the following questions:
  • What are your expectations for this oneshot?
  • Have you played any Magic the Gathering before?
  • What posting schedule are you expecting for this game?
  • What matters more to you as a player, combat or roleplay?

Then either create a character as based on the guidelines, or do the pre-gen character selection process.

Rolled Characters
Check this thread, for the guidelines on how character creation is being handled.

Pre-Generated Game
In the applications folder of the game thread, you'll find this thread, which will have the character sheets for each pregen with their backstories, and the adventure hook for each character.

If you've played this adventure before, and want to play it again feel free, just make sure to let me know in advance in that case. My general hope for this game is to be a easy to run, but fun little romp that will allow players to stretch out their role-playing and general DnD skills when just handed sheets.

Game Description:

A prison escape for an unlikely group of heroes turns into a race for an ancient relic sought by the Legion of Dusk. Can you brave the unknown and capture the treasure before the enemy does? This D&D adventure is set on the plane of Ixalan, and uses 4th-level pregenerated characters.

Oh thank god. I loved the game Idea but hated the pregens. I'll try to get a character done ASAP!

EDIT: Never mind; not interested in a game with rolled stats.

@tsuyoshikentsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftWork View Post
If you don't like your stats when you rolled, feel free to take the Standard Array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8) instead.

I dislike games in which rolling for stats is allowed at all.

Rather than clog up this thread, I’m happy to explain via PM.

I love Ixalan, and I'd be happy to run Alante with a few changes if you're still looking for players.