Hello all - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

Hello all

Hello all

Hi there. Newcomer to the site. Having a blast just looking around and checking things out.

Enjoy D&D but never have the time to find games these days, so pbp seemed like a logical thing to check out.

Hoping to make good friends and have good times!

Welcome to the neighborhood. What type of games are you interested in?

What type of play style do you like? Or how would you characterize your style?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoot View Post
Welcome to the neighborhood. What type of games are you interested in?

What type of play style do you like? Or how would you characterize your style?
@TheRoot - Thanks for the welcome! I’m a big fan of d&d5e so I guess those are the games that would attract me the most. However i’m open to learning something new if a DM has the patience to take on someone totally new to a system. Always wanted to play an “Outbreak Undead” game, but never had an opportunity.

I guess i prefer a mixed bag in terms of style, equal rp, equal world building, equal combat. But as long as the story being told is a good one, i’m happy!

In terms of my style, and what I want to contribute, I like writing, visualising characters, and it’s been a while but I always enjoyed writing short fantasy stories, (at school a long time ago!). I’m happy to write third or first person, whatever is asked for!

When building characters, I go for interesting over effective if I can. Not interested in being a maxed out character, just in telling a good story.

Hope that elaborates a little on me! Thanks!

Greetings, @Andercot!

So, you want to get into PBP? There are some things you should know. PBP is different from Tabletop in several ways. The biggest way is that the players and GM don't all sit down at the same time for a set amount of time to play. Players log in when they have time to post. It works well for those insanely busy people, or people who can't dedicate 4-5 hours in one stretch to play. It is also GREAT for creative writing, as you can take some time to describe your activities. The downside of this is games take A LONG time, and move slowly. You may want to review the New to Play by Post section, to see how we do PbP. You may also want to review out Site Rules.

How things work here, is GMs will post an advertisement fot the game they want to run in the Games and Ads section. Interested players will then apply. There are usually some guidelines for creating your character, what sourcebooks you can use, any house rules you should be aware of. Pay attention to them. Popular games like D&D 3.5 and 5E, and Pathfinder can get a lot of applicants, and one way GMs will weed through applications is to look for missing information, or incomplete characters. So read the character creation guidelines carefully. Also, check what characters others are applying with. If everyone is making fighting and sneaking type characters, you may be better off playing a spellcaster.

If it is your thing, we also have a 5E Adventurer's League here. I have heard that the games are first come first play.

Some information on the site, check out this information on bbCode Help, and this one on Die Roller Help. Another great way to meet people and possibly get game is on our MW Official Discord.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Most of all, HAVE FUN!

@TatteredKing - Thank you!

Welcome Andercot! PBP is the way to go, its long, but very rewarding. It seems like you get more in depth when everyone has a day or two to think about responses. If 5e is your thing, you should have no problem getting a game. Have a good one!

@corvus37 - Thanks for the welcome! Been lurking and reading as much as I can. Playing around with bb codes. Too much fun! Two applications submitted so fingers crossed. Glad to be here!