Antimagic-focused combatant? - Page 4 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Antimagic-focused combatant?

I always found it weird that Anti-magic Field has those exceptions and even weirder that it says to look up the individual spell descriptions, none of which actually say anything about AMF except prismatic wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaday Daydream View Post
In any case, does anyone want to run a gestalt game with dragon hit dice?
Epic Tales from the Tavern could probably accomodate you. We now let you put HD || LA on opposite sides. So you could have 15 dragon HD in one column, LA in another, and then a bunch of Sorcerer or Cleric or whatnot in the 3rd column.

Back in the 3.0 days, I played an ECL 20 half-fiend troll barbarian in a tabletop game where i needed to be able to make something high level (including gear) in about 5-10 minutes. Dumped my starting gold into stat tomes, an always-on AMF amulet, a big adamantine warhammer and a portable hole that I'd toss to party members for storing loot. It's very hard to die with regen and antimagic in a group setting.

edit: He was intended as a joke character, but he actually succeeded in completing the mission while everyone else got captured.

Doesn't seem that much of a joke, really. Extraordinary damage reduction (both half-fiend and barbarian), regeneration, fire and acid resistance, flight...without magical insta-kills, that's a looong fight in the making.

I think a total Level Adjustment of +9 might be totally justified for once, there...I think there might be a Conjuration spell that's Instantaneous duration that might be able to get through the antimagic field and do enough damage...uh, you could call up a black dragon to use acid breath...Complete Arcane has an Orb of Fire spell that I think could work. And I suppose you could catch the half-fiend troll in a net and throw them into lava. And that Strength score...I hope you realise adamantine only has 20 hardness.