MENTION Tag Behavior - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

MENTION Tag Behavior

Testing something...

(@Popestar)

([MENTION=349426]Popestar[/MENTION])

So! Using [mention] tags requires you follow the format [mention=userID]text[/mention] it seems. If you use the [MENTION=1425]Username[/MENTION] shortcut within certain punctuation it seems non-functional.

My Browser: Firefox 59.0.2

I think this related, so I'll add it here. The LIST tags seem to have the same sort of interaction with the MENTION tag as punctuation has. Example:

@Blue Jay You just needed a space between the[*] and the @ mention. Fixed in your example for reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
@Blue Jay You just needed a space between the[*] and the @ mention. Fixed in your example for reference.
Hm. I actually tried that, and it didn't work in the preview page, so I didn't mention it. I'll try again here and see if I was just imagining things...

...Okay it still showed up wrong in my preview window. Let's see if it's still wrong when I submit the post:

Nope: you're right. It works just fine. So, it's just the preview window where it didn't add the link. I'm guessing it doesn't look up my user ID until I submit?

Most anything that requires a database lookup (e.g., sheet rolls, mentions, etc.) won't work in the preview.