Pokémon - Page 4 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Pokémon

Blastoise.
My first starter was Squirtle and I still just love the idea of a turtle with twin water cannons blowing his enemies away and taking hits on his hard shell. So cool!

I don't think I have a true favourite as it varies over time. That said, for the last year or two, I've been aboard the Flareon train.

I'm a bit hyped for the Let's Go games. I preordered Let's Go Eevee and I will probably get a Pokeball Plus for it, especially since it comes with a free Mew. I saw a video yesterday showing Go Park, which I really like. You can bring in Pokemon from Pokemon Go, and even catch them and add them to your team. I have a LOT of Gen 1 Pokemon to transfer over, as I have my storage maxed out in Go and have been saving for trading for quite a while. The fact that research is handing out Legendaries once a week if you are diligent is pretty cool, and in the E3 video I clearly saw Moltres. At the moment, it is unclear what the integration of the Let's Go games will be with Pokemon Bank, though if that does become enabled, I certainly have Gen 1 Pokemon in Ultra Sun to bring over as well.

The Let's Go games are side games, and I think that experimental features are being added to see how they go over with players in order to see which ones to include with the new Core game that is coming out next year. One of the features is the Pokemon Go throwing mechanic, which I am very good at since I have played Pokemon Go every single day since release. I personally would love to see this mechanic carried over to the new Core game especially in light of the Pokeball Plus. My coworker who has played Pokemon since the very beginning is also very excited over this. I am much better than he is at Pokemon Go so I have a lot of stuff to give him as well.

Since I am a latecomer to the franchise, these new developments are very interesting to me because they hit on the things about Pokemon I enjoy the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
I'm a bit hyped for the Let's Go games. I preordered Let's Go Eevee and I will probably get a Pokeball Plus for it, especially since it comes with a free Mew. I saw a video yesterday showing Go Park, which I really like. You can bring in Pokemon from Pokemon Go, and even catch them and add them to your team. I have a LOT of Gen 1 Pokemon to transfer over, as I have my storage maxed out in Go and have been saving for trading for quite a while. The fact that research is handing out Legendaries once a week if you are diligent is pretty cool, and in the E3 video I clearly saw Moltres. At the moment, it is unclear what the integration of the Let's Go games will be with Pokemon Bank, though if that does become enabled, I certainly have Gen 1 Pokemon in Ultra Sun to bring over as well.

The Let's Go games are side games, and I think that experimental features are being added to see how they go over with players in order to see which ones to include with the new Core game that is coming out next year. One of the features is the Pokemon Go throwing mechanic, which I am very good at since I have played Pokemon Go every single day since release. I personally would love to see this mechanic carried over to the new Core game especially in light of the Pokeball Plus. My coworker who has played Pokemon since the very beginning is also very excited over this. I am much better than he is at Pokemon Go so I have a lot of stuff to give him as well.

Since I am a latecomer to the franchise, these new developments are very interesting to me because they hit on the things about Pokemon I enjoy the most.
Cool. I used to play Pokémon Go but it got boring. It's lack enthusiasm and excitement to catch every single Pokémon in the game. Plus the gym battle are very difficult to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
Cool. I used to play Pokémon Go but it got boring. It's lack enthusiasm and excitement to catch every single Pokémon in the game. Plus the gym battle are very difficult to win.
With the original gym system, I eventually stopped doing gyms. However, the system has been reworked. Gyms only have six Pokemon which have to be defeated up to three times, and you can only have one type of Pokemon per Gym. This means no more Blissey Walls. Recently, Pokemon Go added Research Quests. These give you bonuses for completing them. Tasks include catching Pokemon, leveling them up, partaking and completing Gym battles and Raids, Spinning Stops, and more. Moreover, Niantic recently managed to block third party trackers. Trackers could let you find nice things, but they also pinged Niantic's servers thousands of times per second. This resulted in things like trading and PvP being put on the back burner, because they had to divert resources to fighting them. They have also been handing out permanent bans (meaning your server side information got deleted) to spoofers. This means they can now use their team to work on features, rather than using them to protect the game from cheaters.

Now is a really good time to get back into Pokemon Go. Research Quests alone will give you a better experience, and moreover, doing dailies can get you a Legendary Pokemon once a week since they were launched, not to mention the quest to get Mew. One of the tasks to get Mew is to do a certain amount of raids, and while I was doing it I raided at a gym which triggered an EX Raid, which gives you a chance to fight and catch Mewtwo.

One thing you should do is look for a Pokemon Go group in your city on Facebook. I live in Calgary and the local group is VERY active. If you live in the US in a decent sized city or large town, odds are there is an active group. Join it. You might find some good resources including finding help for Legendary Raids.

As someone who has played since the very beginning, I'm most likely not going to be getting Let's Go. There's a lot of things that I like about and sound great, but there are so many additional things around it that I don't look forward to.

I really want the following Pokémon and the multiple ride-able Pokémon, but I don't know if I'm willing to give up wild battles for it. I definitely don't want Go-like capture mechanics. I definitely don't want CP. I don't want to catch nearly everything I come across.
I really, really don't want the Go-like throwing mechanic, mostly due to an accessibility standpoint. I dropped my whole system recently (I forgot to zip the carrying case fully) and now my right joycon has some minor input lag on the triggers and severe input lap on motion controls. So I can't really use the throwing controls properly, especially since they mentioned that later 'mon will be moving around and attacking randomly.

Plus, they mentioned the control scheme for mobile mode, where you aim the whole dang console with a reticle in the center. With how 'mon will be moving, that's gonna be really, really awkward for anyone who is, well, mobile.

Quote:
The Let's Go games are side games
Nope. Twitter response from a dev said that they consider it a mainline game.

Quote:
With the original gym system, I eventually stopped doing gyms. However, the system has been reworked. Gyms only have six Pokemon which have to be defeated up to three times, and you can only have one type of Pokemon per Gym. This means no more Blissey Walls. Recently, Pokemon Go added Research Quests. These give you bonuses for completing them. Tasks include catching Pokemon, leveling them up, partaking and completing Gym battles and Raids, Spinning Stops, and more. Moreover, Niantic recently managed to block third party trackers. Trackers could let you find nice things, but they also pinged Niantic's servers thousands of times per second. This resulted in things like trading and PvP being put on the back burner, because they had to divert resources to fighting them. They have also been handing out permanent bans (meaning your server side information got deleted) to spoofers. This means they can now use their team to work on features, rather than using them to protect the game from cheaters.

Now is a really good time to get back into Pokemon Go. Research Quests alone will give you a better experience, and moreover, doing dailies can get you a Legendary Pokemon once a week since they were launched, not to mention the quest to get Mew. One of the tasks to get Mew is to do a certain amount of raids, and while I was doing it I raided at a gym which triggered an EX Raid, which gives you a chance to fight and catch Mewtwo.

One thing you should do is look for a Pokemon Go group in your city on Facebook. I live in Calgary and the local group is VERY active. If you live in the US in a decent sized city or large town, odds are there is an active group. Join it. You might find some good resources including finding help for Legendary Raids.
Oh you can catch Mew in Pokémon Go now? Hmmm...Tempting but something to really consider going back to play Pokémon Go.